DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hello!

We have the possibility of getting on a wait list for either an F1b, or a multigen goldendoodle.  Both mediums, both great breeders.  The breeder of the F1b litter told us there could be a weight range of 45-75 lbs (sire and dame are 45 and 55 lbs), while the multigen breeder seemed more sure of a weight range within 10 lbs high to low. Both breeders have had previous litters with the same two sires and dams, respectively.  My question is:  is there any more consistency with the multigens than the F1b's in being able to predict size, coat, personality?  I wondered if this were an advantage to getting a third+ generation doodle, or if it's not so.  Thanks for any advice you can share.

Views: 552

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you! Those threads were very helpful!

:)

The only thing consistent about doodles is the fact they they are inconsistent. :>)

Amen, Donna. :)

Well said

Isn't that the truth!

So it sounds like there's no rhyme or reason to one breeder being able/willing to predict a much tighter span in weights of the litter than the other. 

Thanks!

I posted my opinion on weight predictions below.  In my opinion, it has to do with knowing the bloodline......

It really is hard to predict weights--my 53 pound doodle has had some litters and the dads were in the 34 to 40 pound range...her pups range from 25 pounds to 65 pounds as adults--go figure!

F1bs do have more poodle and you might see some pretty curly pups in the litter, but no guarantee of all curly--multigens can really vary as the golden retriever traits from both parents could end up in the pup or all poodle traits and everything in between....Personality is not predictable at all and F1b vs multigen would be irrelevant. 

Since you are just trying to be on a wait list, you could get onto both lists and then see what happens once they are born.

Ned is 7th generation doodle and is slightly larger than his parents.  His parents are considered minis and he is an inch taller.

Boomer is a multigen ALD. He doesn't shed at all! Wavy fleece coat that is GORGEOUS!!! Daddy is a large mini...Mom is a standard. He will probably be 60 lbs when he is done growing. Simply adore him!! Pictures are before first grooming and after at 17 weeks.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service