DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

This post is not about me or any known DK member. Just musings as the midnight hour of the calendar deadline approaches at least here in the East. What if you are a world class photographer? But you have a unattractive less attractive doodle.We could ask the question, are there any such things? Aren't all doodles attractive? Especially to the people who love them. Should your doodle be in the calendar? Great picture, sharp, clear, gorgeous setting. Ordinary doodle. But then in the hands of a great photographer the soulfulness of a doodle's eyes comes through doesn't it? What if you have a spectacular doodle. But you are not at all a photographer?

Needless to say all the calendar submission preoccupation has gotten to me. Should I have carried a brush and camera around a lot? Should I have bothered the doodles so much? Aren't they dogs and entitled to be messy? I have seen some fabulous pictures of wet doodles though. But then the dogs did get dried liver treats for today's last minute shoots. Maybe they thought it was worth it all. At least I don't force them into costumes : ) But at times it reminds me of the Westminster Kennel Club and the backstage primping that seems insane to me.

Can anybody capture with a camera the love you feel when you look at your dog? Any thoughts?

Views: 1295

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I used the treat by the camera yesterday. Moderate success. I did take the highest value treat we have, dried liver , yum.

I have pretty high success with crinkling a doritos or potato chip bag. It works every time. He he.

I take photos where I see them.  I take hundreds and hundreds of pictures, just because I like to do that.  I also like to delete as I go through them.  When we went on our 9 day motorcycle trip in June, I took over 8 gigs of  pictures!  I mostly took them while riding on the back of the bike.  I had lots and lots of blurry pictures, but I also got some really lovely ones that I made into a 20 minute slide show to share with the other riders who went on the trip.  Narrowing down and choosing what pictures would encompass the entire trip for a general group (mostly guys) - now that was stressful. Trying to make the slide show work on a PC when it was created on a Mac was over-the-top stressful and something I was only partially successful at.

F, this was my first calendar go round. I thought It was so much fun and I learned alot. So many fabulous photos! I did end up submitting a couple I shared, even though I didn't plan to, but I enjoyed being part of the whole thing. Maybe I would have felt more stressed if I was doing a special photo shoot for the calendar but that never works well for me. Lol. It took me a year to get Finn's profile photo but that big grin is classic Finnegan when I say "come" Don't ask how many photos I have with just his chest, or one ear or all sky :) Now I have favorite photos of lots of DK doodles in my heart. And what stands out to me is how much a part of our lives these dogs are...how much we enjoy them whether we're being creative or capturing a moment! Good luck to everyone!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service