DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hi its Vicky in BC Our doodle is 31/2 years old and man is her color changing ! Gaby was as black as coal as a puppy. When she was a bout 2 years old I kept noticing gray hairs every once in a while.

Well she is now 31/2 and LOTS of gray hair , the head is still black as top part of her neck , black legs and most of the rest of her is gray. The gray started on the belly came up over her back in angles lol

She now looks like a pinto horse !  Is this unusual all labadoodlers out there or is she just weird. Not that we care what color she is as she is one of the smartest dogs we have ever had. Gabby goes outside to go pee when told , does all kinds of tricks , loves kids and even the little dogs who steal her ball. Trained Gabby to ring a bell when she stayed with my daughter (in a big house with lots of kids) when she needed to go outside as we wnt on a cruise. and it seems she can learn anything with a few sessions and yummy treat BUT she never forgets what she has learned (even after a year when she went back to my daughters house and was asked to respond to a trick they had taught her which i was not aware of.

Views: 3624

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

please please please post a video of this!

You have a dog that cleans up after herself??? That's incredible!

Sounds like a great dog!! And yes, she is silvering--and isn't it gorgeous! One of my dog's pups was coal black at birth until about 8 months old and is now almost completely silver at the age of 2--I love the color. 

Thank you for replying. Yes, Gabby is awesome !

Here is my gray-ed Goldendoodle:

puppy:

5 years

Zoe was black too but the breeder did tell us that she will silver out. We loved her face and personality and welcomed the silver. So far she just has random white hairs on her back but her back side ( butt, tail, back legs) are silver. Everyone says she looks like she's wearing pants lol! And her muzzle turned red/brown and she has a white go-tee

Thanks for your quick reply. We love Gabby to bit's and like I said we really don't care what color she is but she does look a bit strange right now.

Is Gabby silvering or going salt and pepper?

Here's my black doodle...she has salt and pepper fur on her back:

Going gray!

Well I am not sure what she is lol Like yours Gabby has a black head and chest , legs and tail. Her Belly is really gray and it seemed to just move up her body.

Usually silver dogs or dogs whose color actually fades have hairs that are silver.   Whereas my dog, Boca, has individual white hairs between her black hairs.  She's not changing to silver hairs...only salt and pepper.

My Oliver "was" black as coal too and now his is 2 1/2 and he has sporadic white hair all over but his forearms and a small area on his tail is turning a dark silver and the hair on his nose is a light brownish gray.   The rest of his body is black but the hair that is closest to his body is a dark charcoal. 

Would like to see a picture of Oliver.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service