DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I saw a television show last night for the first time on NatGeo ~ it was called "My Dog Ate What?".  The first dog they featured was a labradoodle named Lola - of course I was all scared and worried the Doodle wouldn't make it but she did ~ wheew!!  The labradoodle had a fondness for underwear, socks, and a glass baking dish full of brownies INCLUDING the glass dish :-(  It the end because it had ate the socks and underwear it cushioned the stomach lining and the glass didn't puncture the digestive tract.    The others were squeeky hotdogs, carpenters glue, a phone charger and landscape stones. 

It really made me start to think about everything that they COULD eat.   Hunter has done her fair share of destroying things but she doesn't tend to "eat" anything that isn't food.  We did have one incident where we thought she ate 2 shotgun shells but thank goodness she didn't. 

Has anyone had any experiences like this?  What happened and what did you do?  I found myself today trying to doodle-proof my house even more than it already is!

Views: 403

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Tell hubby to go for the clean socks and underwear. It's never boring at your house is it?
WOW!! I hope he is OK Nancie - don't tell him I did have to laugh that he didn't notice :-) I hope his socks and underwear were yummie!
We always have something to worry about....it's either the Doodles or the DH. That would actually freak me out a little bit....imagining that I had that in my stomach.
This is one problem I have never had with my guys (yet). They just seem to know what's theirs and what isn't. When they were really young puppies if they went near anything that they shouldn't have I took them away from it and gave them one of their toys. They seemed to make the connection. There are crayons and legos and remotes and all kinds of good things all over the house, and they don't go anywhere near them. Of course, I never leave them alone in reach of ANYTHING that I don't want them to have.
Wow, I guess we can consider ourselves lucky with Gracie Doodle. She loves to chew but for the most part, does not swallow! When she was a baby she went through two TV remotes, a cell phone and a pill bottle. Once she had the plastic pill bottle all broken up she left it alone and all the pills that were on the floor. Never was a shoe or clothing snatcher. Now, she only chews on things that are hers. She has a pile of old dried out marrow bones and sticks. She does love to shred her tennis balls when they start to break down. Stuffed doggie toys...they last all of 5 minutes. Eyes, ears, and tags come off first. Then like CJ, she pulls all the stuffing through the new orifice. When she finds the squeaker then she breaks it down and walks away from it. No swallowing!!!!!! She never takes a single thing in the house when she is alone. Not even food off the counter (any more...ha ha...T-Day turkey when she was a baby!) I think we must be very lucky to have such a good girl!!
Baxter loves socks, underwear, paper towels, toilet paper and he would eat them if I did not get to him. He does not tear his toys up at all but can shread a box or anything out of the garbage. I will sure be more aware from now on!

Good thing this wasn't a glass pan of brownies!! She had been really doing good not counter surfing - it has been a problem - evidently the 1/2 ate hotdog my daughter left was just to much for her to resist.
Who can blame her....a hot dog sitting right there....yummy!
LOL - I laugh because it's not Tori! Tori started to counter surf recently.... again - she has not tried that for many,many months! She got 8 slices of white bread from a bag left on the counter!
Hunter LOVES bread - I have to make sure to keep our pantry closed because she will go right for the bread!
Dexter will eat anything. We keep the house Dexter-proofed. In the past he has eaten: Several socks, several parts off toys, a cover to our tub drain (required surgery to remove), half a tennis ball (also required surgery to remove). He is slightly better now that he's older, but we still watch closely what we leave laying around.

Thankfully Kirby barely wants to eat actual food much less strange objects.
Wow Kirby! I heard of the iron chef, but you have the iron BELLY!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service