DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

A lot of you guys gave insight on who I should pick between a few Goldendoodles. 

Yesterday, I got a call from the breeder announcing she had picked up and picked out my puppy. She picked the best one she thought would  match our family out of 3 avail. 

The first choice she thought was a tad to shy and didn't feel he would be a good fit. 

The second choice was aggressive towards his mom and his litter mates. So, he wasn't considered. 

The third choice (her pick) was playing in the water sprinklers when she arrived. He was happy go lucky and was very, very sweet. 

She sent me pictures of the 3 and had already made her choice. Out of the 3 pictures she sent I was hoping for the one she actually picked. 

Soooooo, after a long process. Here I introduce. BOWIE! He is named after David Bowie. And, the name is perfect. 

Bowie6%3A19.jpg

Bowie6%3A19%3A2016.jpg

Views: 445

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Congrats!  Looking forward to seeing homecoming photos.

Pictures of him are above. :) 

Beautiful guy and love the name.

Awwww, thank you. That means a lot! 

Bowie is adorable - love his eyes and his very black nose!  Have fun!

Congratulations and I love the name. 

Bowie is adorable!  Congratulations.

Thank you everyone for your support. He is an awesome little guy. Except, he HATES crate time... Which is bedtime. :/ Poor little guy! 

Congrats, Amanda! After seeing the size of his feet in that pic., I'm pretty sure you're going to have a BIG boy - just like you wanted. BTW, I read somewhere that Poodle growth is up to 2 years. My hairy kid kept growing for 4 years (half Standard Poodle and half Shar-Pei). Please keep us updated with Bowie's growth rate, as well as the good, the bad, and the ugly. As you know, we can't avoid the bad and the ugly with puppies, but they're so worth it.

Oh, and I'm NOT suggesting that you try this (unless perhaps you have a mobile nanny cam), but I gave up on the crate thing within no time because Zeus kept tearing through it. I then tried keeping him in my bathroom, but he destroyed the blinds, the wooden vanity, and the door - and rolled the entire bathroom in toilet paper - yes, hilarious, but costly. So, that's when I gave up. He did fine the first night and slept with me in my bed, but when I left home for 3-4 hours the next day and came back, he had my entire living room in shambles. I couldn't even walk through it. Anything that he could carry into that room, he did - including all of my pillows, blankets, coats - you name it - and dog bed stuffing was still flying in the air when I opened the front door. I had a serious talk with him, and he never did it again - the perfect Dood ever since!

Barbie, 

Thanks for sharing your story. Yes, very funny story but yes you're correct, VERY worth it! I love and adore him already. He is so smart! We have had serious talks with Bowie already. He just seems to "get it". Like a person. Doodles are the best! 

"Doodles are the best!" - I totally agree and so smart! :o)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service