DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hi all,

I'm SO excited! The litter from which I'll choose my puppy was born in the early hours this morning! I have first pick among a litter of all deep red & apricot F1B's! And this time I WILL NOT be passing again because I am in a great pet friendly apt (hardwood floors!) It's been almost 2 years since I sent a deposit in, but have had to keep passing due to my housing. It's been a long time coming..

Coincidentally, my breeder emailed me yesterday saying she hoped the full moon last night would help Mom along and Dad's name is Copernius after the astronomer!

Now, I'm wondering if I should go kitsch and name the pup after a constellation (OR is that too cheesy?)Pluto, perhaps?

Here comes the hardest part--waiting until mid November to pick up!

Views: 409

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Very exciting!  Be sure to keep us posted on the latest!

How exciting and have fun choosing your precious Doodle:)

Most definitely the hardest part is the wait. My breeder didnt give them until 8 weeks old, however we had to make our pick at 3 weeks. All of them were sleeping at the time!

Congratulations.  I love the name Pluto too and I don't believe I have seen another Pluto on DK.

Thanks all. Yes, it'll be hard to wait. I can't wait to see the first pictures-should be getting them Monday! 

Diane- We don't need to make our choice until we pick up at 8 weeks, but I'm sure I'll have my eye on certain ones. If I remember correctly, the breeder blocks off 3 hour time frames for us to come & choose in order of deposits once 8 weeks. It'll be nice to have the time to see how they act, play & ask about temperament/personality.

I've definitely been compiling my Amazon wish list to order things online. Any must haves/can't love without toys/treats??Since I have hardwood, should I get Nature's Miracle for hardwoods? I'm also not sure about crate size. I was thinking 36, just because it will end up having more room to spread out & probably won't outgrow it since it'll be a mini F1B GD. 

I'm sure I'll have more questions once it gets closer!

Congratulations at this exciting time. I really like the name Pluto....much better than Uranus :)

Congratulations, so exciting!!!

Please share pics soon.....puppies are just so sweet.  Ours was born on September 19th, but our breeder chooses the assignment based on preferences and date of deposit.  So , we will not know until after 6 weeks when temperment tests are done.  This waiting is ....... TOUGH!!!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service