DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Finally a name that my family could agree on:  "Dougie" (Dug-e).  Now I can order a cute collar with his name on it:)))

UPDATE 2:  I RECEIVED AN EMAIL FROM THE BREEDER, TODAY, CONFIRMING THAT THE CHOCOLATE BOY IS MINE!!  I believe that she saw the connection too and knew that he was my FAVORITE PUP :))))  I AM THRILLED, NOW WE NEED TO NAME HIM, LOL.  Thanks for all of the support and wonderful comments.  Side note:  Looks like we will be driving to get our pup after all.  USAirways pet carrier dimensions are too small--15L x 14W x 8H--no jets from Hartford Int'l to Philly Int'l, only small planes :(((  Well, I am sure that our pup will make the ride VERY interesting to say the least.

I am not yet home but I just had to give an update about my visit today...IT WAS PERFECT!!  (Except for the drive to MA--HORRIBLE.  The heavy rain caused flooding on the interstate that turned our 5 hr trip into an 8.5 hr trip.  Needless to say, my DH will be flying to MA to pick up our puppy)

I was able to cuddle/play with every single pup and we narrowed it down to 3-- (1) the male pup; (2) a curly black girl; and (3) a cute apricot/red girl.  We will know which pup is ours on Wednesday.  Names for a boy:  Dexter "Dex", Bodhi, Carter and Reuben.  Names for a girl:  Charlie, Frankie and Taylor.

If we could, we would take both parents, Paloma and Dashiell, home with us too.  They were so well mannered and mild tempered.  Dashielle gave me the biggest Doodle hug ever.  I didn't want to let him go :)))))).  My DH was extremely impressed with the parents and went outside to spend more time with them after the pups began to tire out.

Sunny, the breeder, was great.  She answered our questions regarding temperament, testing, etc. for an entire hour.  All of the pups were pooped out by the end of our visit; all, but one, had fallen asleep.  I sorta felt sorry for the next couple but I am sure that the puppies were able to find another burst of energy.  The male pup was soooo tired that two other pups were playing on top of the bed that he had fallen asleep under.  (I took photos of this, I hope that they aren't blurry).

I will post pics as soon as I get home--next 20 min or so.  However, I am not sure how  many of them are good.  Those pups were fast and would not hold still for more than a few seconds at a time.  I have so much respect for those of you who are able to post great pics of your Doodles.  Plus, I was busy hugging, kissing and falling in love...

Thanks for reading the book--pics are coming later tonight.

UPDATE 1:

Chocolate Male--Look at those eyes... and curly black female pup (My 1 & 2 picks)

Cuddle time with the male:

Playful black female pup--notice the pup sleeping beneath the pillow.

Curly Chocolate female

She is so mild mannered.

My son's 2d favorite, the apricot/red female pup.

The lovely cream pup...

Annoying the sleepy male pup--the first to conk out, LOL!!

Having fun on top of "sleepy head"

Mama Paloma & Papa Dashiell--Sunny said they are off to get hair cuts soon, LOL!!

Dashiell shook his head just as my DH snapped the photo...

Views: 2060

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No, not right now.  I am hoping to add another Doodle within the next year or two.

This is so exciting! Congratulations! I can't wait for more photos of Dougie!

So did you drive or fly?  I was able to fit my little red carrier under the small planes that fly to Montana (CRJ-7) and nobody noticed!  Everyone assumed it was a gym bag that fit so snugly under the seat.  Kona didn't make a peep for the entire 17 hour ride at Christmas either when I took him from LA to eastern Montan with layovers and 3 hour car ride at the end. 

Do you have any new photos?  I get addicted to these doodle puppy photos!

We ended up driving because the dimensions for the small plane were too small for Dougie to comfortably fit under the seat.  He slept for most of the trip and now loves to ride in the car.  Wow, Kona was a real trooper, a 17 hr ride, plus additional time afterwards??!!  

I added a few new photos of Dougie on my page and I also added a video "Dougie the Ball Hog" about 2 days ago.  I have taken lots of photos but many of them are blurry.  My DH is going to give me lessons soon so that I can post better photos, LOL!!

Thanks for asking about Dougie and I am looking forward to seeing more photos of Kona.  I too am addicted to Doodle pics.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service