DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Ok I've decided to start this thread because there are a lot of issues we will need to address with help Jake adjust to a new life. I'm just going to post here with questions. I've got obedience stuff down I can handle that. But there is alot of other stuff. I'll just post here any maybe one of you wise doodle lovers can help. I can try to post in food, and grooming but so any things are interrelated so I'm going to use this thread as a catch all and if mods want me to separate I can. :)

Issue first and foremost, the diet. We feed one of the foods recommended on here. Jakes current diet (what the owners been feeding him) is dry purina puppy food, and equal parts peas, corn, rice, cooked ground beef and water all mixed together. Okayyyyyyyyy. Iknow how to move a dog from 1 food to another slowly but how in the world do i handle this? Poor Jake has terrible runs! I'm taking him to the vet early this week to check for uti, stool, blood work etc. but how do I begin the transition to my food with all these other ingredients?

Thanks,I'll tackle other issues as we go along. I fear grooming wise he will need a shave. His belly, ears, and legs are horribly matted.

Thanks everyone.

Views: 3302

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cute!

LIKE!!!! 

We NEED to get back to Key West!

Yes, we do. Not only was he gorgeous, young and smart, he was  environmentally conscientious and controlled his staff with firm respect.  Young but I felt safe with this guy. A storm rolled in and he was on it quickly and professionally.

It was an educational trip about the Coral Reef, which he loved and was there from Wisconsin to preserve this area he loved. 

He was HOT :)

So funny!

Try a child's zip up velour top.  That is what I used for my dog when I was trying to cord him.  It was very comfortable for him after his baths.  Also, you might try some ZoomWow towels.  You can just squeeze dry with them and wring them out.

I think this is the best way to go.  He needs a shave down to start with and it is best to leave that to the professionals.  You will have him back on track soon.

Not to get involved in the food controversy but I get my dogs' food from doggie.com. No driving, no lifting in and out of carts and car. It makes my life much simpler and I always qualify for free shipping.

A great way to go, F.  We are getting to be great shoppers on line.  We like it because it is delivered right to your door.  Can't beat that.

We order from Petflow and shipping is included-very satisfied with it and it comes to the door.  

Beverly, feel free to post in the Food Group with these issues.  I am certain we can help. Many of us live in rural areas, the foods are always available, but there are always options.

I adopted a dog to Maine and know it is done there all the time.

Again, hope to see you in the Food Group so we can throw some ideas around in there for you.  We have done is lots of times and dont mind

It seems that Beverly left DK.  :(

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service