DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I posted this question in Puppy Madness, but I wanted to hear from some older doodle owners.

Hershey is 14 wks old and has been displaying some "boyish behavior" on everything, sofa pillows, my daughter, my arm, my exercise ball pretty much anything. His trainer suggested that we have him neutered quickly before it gets worse. I spoke with his vet and he said that he likes to do it after 6 months but he didn't see any harm in it being done sooner, if that's what we chose.

I've checked out many discussion online about it, and I'm no closer to making a decision.

Those of you who have adult doodles who were neutered before they were 6 months, do you have any thoughts on the subject?

Thanks! :-D

Views: 180

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think that early neutering is just fine. Easier on the dog and the owner. Some vets disagree as they think that the puppy's growth benefits from the hormones. I have one doodle neutered early and one at six months because he had an undescended testicle and the vet finally had to do abdominal surgery to remove the testicle, which would have almost certainly become cancerous. Since your vet is willing to do the surgery early, I would do it.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service