DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hi! I have read alot of your posts and there are alot of recommendations about getting a new goldendoodle puppy but i was wondering if there any tips on a 3 year old goldendoodle. I am rescuing her and i will get her next week, i've never had a doodle before ,i have a 5 year old female lab <which is my life ( ; > any suggestions would be great! Thanks so much~

Views: 441

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's wonderful that you are rescuing a Goldendoodle. It is such good news to know that this Doodle is getting a new home and you have come to the best place possible for help.  You will find the people here both friendly and knowledgeable.   I am not a rescue expert but there are many others here who are and they will be delighted to give you the very best advice possible.  Do you have any background information on her because the more you know the better? Is she used to a crate and is she house trained are just two of many questions I can think of? I just want to add my good wishes to you and to thank you in advance for adopting an older Doodle.  My wish is that this is truly her 'forever home' and that you will have many years of happiness together.

Amen!

( ;

This is what i know about her...The rescue called me from New Jersey said they had a goldendoodle in Illinois ,it was an older woman that had the dog and she had to get rid of her because she had developed a heart condition. She is VERY sad over it and cries everytime i talk to her. Her name is Sophie and she will be 3 next month, she comes from a dad that is full blooded Golden and a mom that is full blooded poodle . My husband and myself have met with her n Sopie and shes a real sweetheart,very calm and such a good girl. My lab is also very calm n gets along well with other dogs no problems. Sophie has a medical condition, she has seizures...she has been to a neuroligist and is on medicine for it which seems to be working really well. I know going into this she needs lots of love and thats exactly what she will get ( ; I just thought if you guys could share anything with me about goldendoodles i would love that! I have a beautiful lab ( ; but just dont know much abiut doodles ( ;

Goldendoodles are love bugs!  Ours is six years old and the sweetest dog ever.  He is a big boy, 90 lbs. and 30 inches tall, but right by your side as much as possible.  Just took them to the beach this morning and we had baths this afternoon.  He walks up the ramp for a bath and is very cooperative.  I think you will love having a 3-yr-old dog because the training part is over.  And a lab will be a perfect sibling for her.  Thank you for rescuing an older dog.

thank you so much! i did join some of the other groups..looking forward to hearing all the comments! thank you!

i will get all the info on her probally tomorrow...she is house trained i do know that! thank you so much!

Hi Gayle, Welcome to DoodleKisses.

I see you are rescuing a 3 year old Goldendoodle, how exciting for you. Why don't you tell us a little more about your new doodle to come. Do you have the back story on her? Where are you rescuing her from? Has your Lab met her to make sure they get on together?

Tell us what you know and I am sure everyone will chime in with advice.

:o)

This is what i know about her...The rescue called me from New Jersey said they had a goldendoodle in Illinois ,it was an older woman that had the dog and she had to get rid of her because she had developed a heart condition. She is VERY sad over it and cries everytime i talk to her. Her name is Sophie and she will be 3 next month, she comes from a dad that is full blooded Golden and a mom that is full blooded poodle . My husband and myself have met with her n Sopie and shes a real sweetheart,very calm and such a good girl. My lab is also very calm n gets along well with other dogs no problems. Sophie has a medical condition, she has seizures...she has been to a neuroligist and is on medicine for it which seems to be working really well. I know going into this she needs lots of love and thats exactly what she will get ( ; I just thought if you guys could share anything with me about goldendoodles i would love that! I have a beautiful lab ( ; but just dont know much abiut doodles ( ;

Lisa...I know i posted this to some of you but for those that didn't read it here is my story...This is what i know about her...The rescue called me from New Jersey said they had a goldendoodle in Illinois ,it was an older woman that had the dog and she had to get rid of her because she had developed a heart condition. She is VERY sad over it and cries everytime i talk to her. Her name is Sophie and she will be 3 next month, she comes from a dad that is full blooded Golden and a mom that is full blooded poodle . My husband and myself have met with her n Sopie and shes a real sweetheart,very calm and such a good girl. My lab is also very calm n gets along well with other dogs no problems. Sophie has a medical condition, she has seizures...she has been to a neuroligist and is on medicine for it which seems to be working really well. I know going into this she needs lots of love and thats exactly what she will get ( ; I just thought if you guys could share anything with me about goldendoodles i would love that! I have a beautiful lab ( ; but just dont know much abiut doodles ( ; My lab has not met her but we have had other dogs in the home and she has been ok with them...so fingers are crossed...thx!!

That is great!! It is hard to give advice without knowing more, but from what I have seen and experienced myself, it is good to let your two dogs meet outside at first and remove toys, bones, etc from the house until they have gotten to know each other, just in case one feels possesive. I know I had to separate my first two doodles for a while and let them play at 5 minute intervals because they played SO hard, I thought they would get hurt. I never thought I would see the day when they could just lie quietly together but it did happen after a week or so. But they were much younger,--1 1/2 yrs and the other 8 months at the time, so you may not face that.  Make sure each dog has a "space"--a bed or blanket of their own, although they may end up switching that now and then.

Just be prepared for squabbles or too rough play and then you will be pleasantly surprised when there aren't any!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service