DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

We will be picking up our Double Doodle tomorrow morning!  What is the one thing you wished you had been prepared for when you got yours?

Views: 169

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We should have made sure that he was taken to one spot for his potty duties. We are lucky that he has chosen mostly the same spot. We should have put in an area of bark or something to make it easy to pick up and different for him to know to go to.

Proper brushes 

A car seat or back seat protection pad instead of the ripped sheet we use now. Functional but I think a nice one would look better.

HAVE FUN

Use every opportunity to train. I maybe would have done more umbilical at the start. 

The whining and barking through the night was the worst.  He hated the crate.  I ended up sleeping next to him on the sofa for the first two weeks.  He wasn't big enough to jump down on his own when we got him... I was lucky that he learned to wake me up when he had to go potty.  Keeping him in the crate at night never worked for us so while he was crate trained, he stayed with us at night.  

I also wasn't prepared for how car sick he got and the fear of cars that put into him.  As he got older and could see out of the window, that fear totally went away... he actually can't wait to jump in the back seat now.  We did get a car hammock thought, which keeps him from falling onto the floor boards if we turn too fast or stop suddenly.  Best fifty bucks I spent.

Good luck.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service