DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I have poochie bells that are on a hook right next to the front door.  I tried to train Rooney to use them without success, I'm sure this was because I didn't know what I was doing, I grew bored after a couple days and there they hang.  So next to our bench (under the stupid bells) in the entryway, I have a basket and this is where I keep the new poop bags.  They are supplied by our neighborhood so when we are out walking we'll take several and throw into the basket.   This morning after he had already gone out and only gone pee, I'm on DK and Rooney goes to the basket, takes one poo bag in his mouth and then stands there by the door.  So we leash up and out we go and he poops.  So now I'm wondering - has he really learned to associate the poop bag to going poop?  Is that possible that he could train himself to get the poop bag?  Wouldn't that be awesome!   I think he was just playing but I can dream. 

Views: 98

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Totally awesome!  Don't try to figure it out, just revel in the fact that you have a brilliant and self-training doodle!  You rock, Rooney!
Oh Rooney, you are such a smart boy!  You know what those poop bags are for.
I really think he was just playing and it was random luck - BUTT it would be cool if he was smart enough to get it.
OMD...that made me laugh. Now, if you could just train him to pick up the poop and put it in that bag, you would have the smartest dog on the planet...LOL.  Cute Rooney!
Or just strap the bag on and wait until it is full!!!
I think he's a genius!  He might not realize they are poop bags but he probably thinks "Mom gets these plastic things, puts on the leash, and we go for a walk.  I'll help her out and start the routine!"  I'd double check the bags for holes before you use them - ew!
Now if he only had Thumbs so he could pick up after himself you would be all set!  I think I could believe that he actually knew what he wanted ....... yes, I'm going to go with that theory!
Rooney you are such a smart boy!
Rooney, maybe we should change your name to Einstein, you are brilliant. A quote from Einstein for you. "The only real valuable thing is intuition."
What a good boy Rooney!
Nope he is smart.  These doodles are amazing.  He knows that you take it out every time and he watches you clean up after him with those bags.  However, if it never happens again, it's a coincidence. You must keep us posted!
Cute AND smart - a great combination!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service