DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Does anyone have information regarding the following breeder?  I hate to make another almost 8 hour round trip to discover that this is not a reputable breeder.
Pin Oak Farms, Pennsylvania

Views: 1645

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No breeder listed.
Pin Oak Farms, Pennsylvania
http://www.pinoakfarm.com/about.htm
I don't know much about goldendoodles and certainly nothing about this breeder. For what it's worth, not much I'm gathering, the site looked lovely. But it seems the only health testing listed is hips, not enough I think.
The above statement is from a known puppy mill breeder, and it is hogwash.
So glad I didn't answer. You managed to say it all in one, succinct sentence. Brava!
Wow! That site had sooooooo much information and it's a puppy mill? How do you know? I'm very confused since there's so many opinions and sites. To your knowledge, are there reputable breeders that sell doodles for under $1500??????
Yes but they are first generation standard doodles for under $1500, typically. I think you were looking for something other than first generation and standard...is that correct?
Yes, I must keep that in mind, I am looking for a doodle that will not grow to more than 35 lbs. which is a mini or middle, I'm still unsure. Also, even though I've been just fine around the f1's since I have moderate allergies I think I should stick with a f1b. I get your point (-:
I'm confused, because you have been given some very good advice here in several discussions that you have posted, and been directed to our breeder groups and owner recommended group. People have tried very hard to answer your questions, and you don't seem to want to take the advice we have given. Many of us have researched these issues at great length, and are familiar with certain individuals. The doodle breeding community is not all that large, and it's fairly easy to find information. If you google the name of the author of that statement, you will get quite an eye-opener.
I don't ever buy anything based on price alone, let alone a living creature who will be sharing my home & my life for the next 12 or 15 years. I have found that you generally do get what you pay for. I haven't looked at the prices of goldendoodles lately, so I can't say if there are reputable breeders selling puppies for less than $1500 or not. But the purchase price is just the tip of the iceberg. Lots and lots of us here have spent more than $1500 to treat just one illness or injury in our doodle. So if this would be a problem for you, I think it's even more important for you to do the best you can to make sure any dog you purchase is healthy. There is a reason all of us have emphasized health testing to you in more than one discussion, and it isn't just our opinion.
We have had problems with her here on DK. It is really best to avoid using her name or the name of her website.
When listening to opinions, it's good to keep in mind that all opinions are not equal. Also keep in mind that most people will try to justify their own choices when giving advice. For every opinion, someone else will have the opposite opinion; I don't think listening to dialogue and opinions from everybody and anybody all over the internet will serve you well in your search for a breeder, especially since you said yourself that "I'm very confused since there's so many opinions and sites" It doesn't appear that you need more opinions, lol.
I would urge you to carefully read the link below. It really tells you all you need to know when assessing a breeder. Use it as a guideline and a checklist for every single breeder's site you come across; there is no more valuable tool. Please read it and use it.
What to Look For in a Breeder
Oops! Let me remove any references to this person then. Thanks for the link.
OMG! This is like listening to nails on a chalkboard!! It is nothing more then a smoke screen to distract from the fact that they are irresponsible breeders!

I visited the website, what a hoot! You can ONLY visit AFTER the pup has been paid for in full??? ALL deposits and payment are non-refundable for ANY reason??

Testing DOES drive up the cost of pups, but it's because testing all breeding stock is very expensive. However, just because a pup is expensive does NOT mean the parents were tested!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service