DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Places that are "doodle" friendly ~ stores, restaurants, etc...... Let's make a list!

Recently I found out that there are places that you can take your doodle that I never would have expected.  Awhile back we were at Cabela's in West Virginia and they have a boarding/doggie daycare for customers that are shopping.  Just a few weeks ago we were out of town and going to Bass Pro Shops in Toledo, Ohio I really didn't want to leave Hunter in our camper while we were gone but I get nervous leaving her in the car that someone would steal her.  I called Bass Pro and asked if maybe they had the same kennel area like Cabela's and I was shocked that they allowed dogs to shop with you in the store.  WOW  it was a great shopping trip, I wasn't board out of my mind walking around with my husband looking at camping, hunting and whatever else.  I got to walk Hunter around :-)

All of this got me thinking there have to be many more stores and even restaurants that allow dogs to come in.  So how about we make a list of any local or national store, etc.  that allows to bring our doodles in.

Views: 592

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think a lot of the complaints that drive stores to say no dogs come from people with animal allergies. And in a way, I can see their point. Nobody wants to get the hives because someone brought their dog inside! But I think that is pretty rare, and I really do wish more places were dog friendly.
LOL But we have all been by a man or a woman that wears so much perfume or cologne in a store you need an oxygen mask!
so true!
I LOVE that you started this discussion. I am always looking for places to take Darwin.

Barnes and Noble - Company policy allows dogs inside the store. But I asked first just to make sure. They said absolutely, and we love taking Darwin in there for mid-level distraction. There are people, but it is quiet, so it's not too overwhelming.

Old Navy- I don't know what the company policy is, but I asked the store manager and she said sure. The sales people always come over and pet him when we come.

Kohls - the company policy states that dogs are allowed inside, and can shop with you.

Nordstrom - allows well behaved dogs of any size inside their store. I wouldn't take Darwin in though... I would be afraid he would eat a 500 dollar tie or something... ha ha!

Our Lowes and Home Depot both have no dog signs on the doors... so I haven't tried or asked. :-(

I think that if they don't sell food, the best rule of thumb is to ask the store manager. They always appreciate you asking, and you never know who may be okay with it.
Wow, I had no idea about Barnes and Noble, Kohls, or Old Navy. That's great to hear. I agree with you on Nordstrom....I'm not sure my guys are ready for that either. I clearly have to start taking my Doods with me more often and shop where the stores allow dogs. This was a great idea for a discussion. Nancy, I agree it would be great if this could be put in an easily accessible place where we could just keep adding to it as we find more places that are Doodle Friendly. I'm thinking we may need to start a group in order to do that.
I agree! A group would be so helpful! :)
I work at Saks Fifth Avenue and we have a lot of dogs come into the store. I have seen wheatons, weimaraners, pugs, and yorkies in the store. I've brought my boys in occasionally when I'm catching up on some work.
I was at the Saks in the hamptons a couple of years ago and I swear there were more dogs there than people!
Wow. I would never have thought to ask if I could take the dog into Nordstrom, Barnes and Noble, Kohls or Old Navy...all that are here in NC. The outdoor mall where Nordstrom and Barnes and Noble are doesn't allow dogs so I assumed the stores wouldn't. Hmmm. Is this a California thing maybe?
You are right...Cowboy is a Therapy Dog and they even ask me for my badge..The gentleman and his lab that also go visiting was asked my Starbucks to not bring in the Lab inside because of dog hair...I was so supprised..I have been going there for years but found out it was a new manager. I do take Cowboy in Barnes and Noble but they also asked me about my badge..I now ask for the managers, then I ask if Cowboy can come in...usually after seeing Cowboy and seeing how gentle he is they say OK. I really think it depends on the person. It probably has alot to do with insurance. We take Cowboy and Sissy to Dana Point and there is a lot of dog there..and a lot of nice shops...it's really a fun day.
I know most stores in the Old Town area of Alexandria, VA are dog friendly.
I wish this list could be put in a place that we could easily access it when we are going places.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service