DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Please help!  Ollie is 7 months old now. Since we got him home he has never had stomach issues. Now this morning he woke us up whining at around 4 AM.  Dh took him outside and Ollie had a bout of diarrhea. He slept fine after that for about 2 hours then again woke up and same thing. Then at around 8:30 he threw up inside the house what looked like loose stools with pieces of some kind of grass or reed in it (sorry to sound gross) and then another bout of diarrhea. I have no experience whatsoever with this. I searched this forum for answers but I don't know if I should rush him to the vet or wait and see.

Should I withhold food? 

I have children's Peptobismol at home. Would that help? He was acting fine yesterday and was fine all day, I don't know what happened. Our yard doesn't have any toxic plants so I'm not really worried about that but he does chew on pine cones that fall from the neighbor's tree. I don't know if they are harmful.

I am completely inexperienced  so any insight would be much appreciated.

Another question I have is how do you clean up diarrhea from the lawn? Just wash it? I want to make sure that if there are parasites, they are gotten rid of.

Sorry about the gross-out post early in the morn. but I am very concerned about the poor baby.

Update: Ollie continues to have diarrhea and threw up again this afternoon. The vet said that it is hard to say exactly what is causing it.It could be colitis from eating something that irritated his stomach or a bacterial or a parasitic infection. His stool report will come back tomorrow. Meanwhile the vet gave him a shot to help with his nausea and diarrhea (but doesn't look like it has helped too much). He also got a 8 day supply of Metronidazole and a anti emetic. The worst part is that he is totally listless and has been sleepy all day. I just hope he is not dehydrated. The doctor has given him some prescription diet but I'm wondering whether that is ok to give because it has all kinds of things like corn and pork liver. I do wish he would recover soon. I am really worried about my little boy.

Thank you for your support and suggestions.

Views: 169

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Im so glad Ollie is feeling  better! I  Hope that continues

YEAH!  I am SO glad to hear that! I bet you'll be inspecting his poop for the next few days ~ but whatever it was - it's probably long gone now!  So happy for you guys!  What a relief, right?!

;O)

This is great news!  I'm glad he is doing better today!
So happy to hear this wonderful update!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service