DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Apparently we're supposed to be keeping Sky calm for 2 weeks post spay. She's 8 days post surgery and it's impossible! She's a little but less jumpy, but just as crazy as ever. I've been trying to keep her from jumping on the couches/beds. It's not easy and I haven't been successful.

I checked her incision and it looks great- no signs of infection or opening up.

Did anyone else have this problem after spaying? She had a hernia fixed at the same time.

Views: 259

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Our Bella had a hernia repair with her spaying as well, and we kept her calm for about 3-4 days and did our best after that, but I just made sure she didn't play hard with her brother, tried to not let her jump off the bed by limiting her getting on it, but she could jump off the couch easily and she did often! I just watched the incisions and had her checked when scheduled. She had a little fluid pocket, possibly from the extra activity, but no harm, it resolved on its own. I did use some ice packs during the day to help with the swelling from the fluid, but she enjoyed that and it kept her quiet. Not sure it was needed. Good luck, most of us have been where you are!

Same problem here, Max acted like nothing at all had happened after the first day. On the second day he ate his cone, so that was that. He had dissolving stitches and it all went fine. 

Julie, I just laughed so hard about eating the cone!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service