DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hi All....

I am a 1st time dog owner of a 10 week old Labradoodle who I adopted through a reputable breeder. That said, I can see that people are perplexed when I say he's a Multi-gen Labradoodle.  The breeder swears he'll begin to look like a Labradoodle in the next year once he gets his adult coat, but I'm just wondering if his is coat typical of a baby Labradoodle? If anyone has photos of puppies who look anything like mine I'd love to see what they look like as adults.:) ....Still more lab than doodle - LOL?

Views: 1649

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you!  I think he's giving my husband & boys a run for their money in the handsome dept. - LOL

Ragley at 11 weeks and then Ragley now.

I don't think your little guy will look like the typical doodle, but who knows and he sure is an absolute stud! I LOVE his coloring and temperament truly is the most important thing!

Wow! Ragley is gorgeous & I love your photos.  He has a little twinkle in his eyes;)

Woah. We just got Banks, an 8 week old f1b goldendoodle. He looks so much like your pup! Very retrieverish. I'm especially curious about Banks doodling out? Either way is just fine with us. We've got some cute puppies! ;)
Attachments:
Hi Amanda! Banks does look a lot like Wrigley! & what a cute name for him! I've been in touch with the breeder & have been informed that he's a F2, not mutigen as I was originally told. (UGH!) Any idea about Banks? This may explain a little bit for me....She also sent pictures of Wrigley's dad as a baby & they are practically identical - except that Wrigley's much better looking, of course:) So...the coat is straight as opposed to wavy fleece or wool, meaning that ours will likely look a lot like big Schnouzers (sp?) as adults, & require grooming about 1-2 a year!
Have you shared any new pics of Wrigley?

I'll post another picture once he hits the 12 week mark.  Yes, I'm chronicling his hair growth;) I talked more to the breeder & found out that he's a F2, not a Multi-gen as originally told by her daughter so now the straight coat makes much more sense!:)

Banks is an f1b goldendoodle (mom black goldendoodle dad red standard poodle) He is 75% poodle, but looks mostly golden retriever! He came from a litter of 11 puppies. 3 cream, 3 chocolate, 3 black, and he is one of 2 golden colored. 6 of them are very poodlish! The other 5 are retrieverish like Banks. Banks and one of his cream sisters have the straightest. I've seen a couple other puppies that look like ours on doodle selfie and on other sites. They all have different lineages. It doesn't matter what they end up looking like, but it is fun to wonder. I can't wait to compare pics as our pups grow. :)

I'm so glad we met!  I'll post another update next week....The breeder sent me a picture of his dad grown up & he does look like a Labradoodle but she said his hair grew incredibly slow....Honestly, I could get away with saying Wrigley's a Lab right now but time will tell:)

Here's a site with info regarding coats and the possibilities of variations between crossbreeding.
Hope it's ok to post.
http://www.everythingdoodle.com/learn/labradoodle-101/labradoodle-c...

Thank you so much.  This is so interesting to me!

You're welcome!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service