DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I have the puppy play pen for Jack which we will use for Molly, Last night I purchased one of the wooden free standing gates for wide areas from Pet Smart, the problem is, I didn't measure it only goes to 72 inches and I need at least 20 more inches.......

I don't want the ones that get screwed into the wall if I can help it but I don't want to pay 300 dollars either.. anyone have any ideas?????

Views: 91

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had the same problem so I bought 2 of the wooden gates - then zip tied them together.  Worked great but buying 2 isn't cheap.  Wish I lived closer, you could borrow mine  :(

How tall are these wood gates?  I need to get them also and was wondering if they were too short and allow the puppy once 6-12 months old to jump over.

Thanks!

They aren't very high - a larger doodle would get over easy.  I'm now using my taller metal gate but it is just for across the hallway - I didn't need the width any longer.  Plus this one has a swinging gate and a small little door for the cat to pass through.  If you just google pet gates - you'll get tons of em.
that's the good thing about having a doodle who is too afraid that the gate might move a little and scare her, to even think about jumping over it - LOL!
Jennifer, I have the Extra Wide Pet Gating System from Drs. Foster and Smith.  The opening I have is 102" so it was hard to find something.  This gating system works on tension so there is no screwing anything into the wall and I think the gate is 32" high.  It has a swing out door so you don't have to climb over it.  I see that it's on sale right now too.
Connie, I have a large opening also and am having trouble finding one. Is your gate still on that site? I looked but didn't see it. I like the idea of not having to screw it on my walls.

I stinking SCORED big time.. I happen to call the children's consignment shop where I have purchased some of my nursery items for when I baby sit and or down the road do emergency foster care.. I swear to goodness they just got in a white stand on it's own baby/pet gate that is 100 inches across with a WALK THOUGH  DOOR.. Just what I need for my oxygen tanks, I love white because it blends with my all white appliance and cabinets.. It looks brand spanking new and I got it for $26.00.. Can you imagine.. I quickly took apart the wooden one I just paid over 100 for last night that was not even the right fit and Score, It is already set up. I also set up Jack's playpen that he used to go in until he learned to jump over it, pretty quickly. We are all ready.. Oh and to boot my mom is coming today. which is sooner then I expected so I have to get my butt into gear and get her room ready. I want all Molly's presents I got her to be out.. I also got her  "its a girl balloons and stuff" I am so excited...

Jane, I often thought I wished we lived closer... we could have swapped car seats too, or I could have bought Rooney's old one once Stuart outgrows his, such is life, Jack got his car seat.. I adore it..

My house is turning into a puppy zone. T minus eight days till Molly Rose comes home and Jack is wondering what in the doodle is going on with all the gates, puppy crates and stuff... I figure he can get used to it for a week  before he has to share his stardom with his Grammie..

Who wants to bet me now that my mom is here Jack will not be back in my bed till October when my mom moves out???

It sounds like an extended sleep over - lol - what fun!!!!  I just can't wait to see all the pics of Jack with Molly Rose!  This is going to be fun.
Hooray! This is such a serendipity! Glad something happy happened today.

Awesome, Jennifer.  I have tried to look for things on Craigslist before, but no luck.  Never thought of a consignment shop!  Too bad they don't have one for dog clothes.  I was just folding and putting away Rua's birthday bandana and put her "clothes" into two piles. Smalls and mediums.  She wears a large now (but it they are small larges).  I am hopping they will fit Lilly (Mimi Linna's new puppy that I get to puppy sit for in September).

Be sure and share pictures.

Or we could buy your cute little girl stuff for Molly, Not sure what size she is going to be because she is an english one, Jack had such a tiney hiney he fit in newborn clothes.. Our little girl is stocky.... We don't know her size yet, or how much she weighs, just that she is a toy..
Wow great score on the gate, those are pretty pricey brand new! We alos have white ones that use tension and not screws.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service