DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Need advice ,,,,,,,,  met up with another dog the other day and now my pup has been sneezing and has a runny nose . Now  she has had her second shots and is due for her 3rd set in 3 weeks .The vet had said that she could be around other dog if they have had all their shots which I did ask the owner and she said yes . Now we were around the other dog for 15 mins and  then the lady said oh yea my dog is on meds . I didn't get a chance to ask for what but now I'm really worried  and should  I get hold of my vet on Tuesday or am I worrying for nothing . Oh she seems fine except for the odd sneeze and runny nose.

Views: 320

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hmm--could be bordatella which dogs may not get shots for but may pick up from a dog park or a dog kennel--sneezing is a first sign she may also develop a cough. Vet can prescribe antibiotics and it will clear up quickly. Most dogs get a bordatella shot if they are going to be boarded or with a lot of other dogs, otherwise they are not routinely vaccinated for it. It is like the common cold in humans--don't worry, she will be fine, but take her to vet!

Hi Ginny ,,,,, I hope she is ok as she is only 10 weeks and sure don't want anything to happen to her .

Me too--but it isn't serious--it just sounds bad. If that is what she has, a bit of antibiotic will clear it right up.

By the way, my dogs got kennel cough (bordatella) from a visiting dog who never showed any symptoms--you really can't tell if a dog has it sometimes and it is highly contagious. That is why it is very important to limit your pup's exposure to other dogs before they have had their full set of vaccinations.

I would add that Fudge got kennel cough and had all of her vaccinations. The vet treated her with antibiotics and it cleared right up, although I did have to keep her out of doggie daycare for two weeks.  When Fudge had kennel cough it was very distinctive cough....sort of like croup. I would take her to the vet, too, if she is continuing to have the symptoms and I think it would make you feel better. Good luck!

Morning ,,,,,,,Well she hasn't been coughing yet , just the odd sneezing  and runny nose . With it being the long week end I wil call Tue  morning and see if  I can get her in . Thanks

When my adult dog had it she was sneezing all the time, but no cough--I had a litter of pups here at the house though and before I could even notice the excessive sneezing of my adult dog, one of the pups was coughing--so I had to treat everyone!! That's a lot of clavamox!!

Hi everyone ,,,,,,Went to the Vet's this morning and yes she has  kennel cough but with no cough .  Vet said she has a mild case and to keep her away from other dogs for 2 weeks . I have no problem with that as I don't want another dog getting it . Thanks for all your in put .

After my pup had surgery she came home with kennel caugh....the vet said it was mild and she would get over it on her own and she did. Her poor nose was running non stop and I felt so bad! It lasted a week or so.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service