DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Milo will be four months old in a few days. The vet said he can be neutered at four months.
Can anyone suggest questions that I need to ask the vet regarding the surgery and recovery. I was told by a friend of mine that there are different kind of stitches(those that dissolve and those that need to be removed after healing). Can anyone give any information?
I'm so nervous for my baby to have surgery.

Views: 102

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Isn't it unusual for a male to stay overnight? I thought only females had to stay? Our dog came home the same day, with dissolving sticthes and he had an antibiotic injection. He didn't have to wear a collar or anything, they just gave us some stuff that tasted bad to put on the incision if he started to fuss with it. Luckily he left it alone though. If they do make him stay overnight, make sure they have someone there with the animals. If they don't have any staff there at night, you are better to bring him home so you can keep an eye on him. Good Luck!!
Thanks Stella. Milo doesnt need to stay overnight, we'll drop him off in the morning and be able to pick him up by afternoon. I'll ask about the the stuff that tastes bad, just in case he starts to lick.
I second that. I actually switched vets because they wanted to keep Toby overnight, and didn't have overnight staffing. Where I switched to they sent him home the same day, but also have 24 hour supervision if animals HAVE to stay overnight.
Update:

Milo had his surgery yesterday and he did great. The vet had told us Milo will take around 4 or so hours to get out of anesthesitic influence but we got a call within one and half hour that Milo is wide awake! We brought him home in the afternoon and he had his food etc. Though we were watching like hawks, he kept licking his incision. We brought him the e-collar and it is helping. Today he is all excited and acting as though nothing happened! As usual full of antics!!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service