DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I recently paid a deposit to be added to a reservation list for a puppy that has yet to be conceived--pregnancy confirmation expected in a couple of weeks.  I know that mother nature plays a huge role, but am I being unrealistic in believing that I will have a puppy this Summer?  Should I place more than one deposit to increase my chances of getting a large, standard chocolate, black, red or apricot male Labradoodle?   Looking at all of these beautiful Doodles on this site makes me even more excited to have a Doodle to call my very own.

Views: 627

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There really is no way of knowing. putting more than one deposit down really isn't fair to a breeder, who may turn others interested in buying a puppy down, aside from the fact that generally your deposit won't be returned.

Didn't think about the "fairness" aspect.  I really wouldn't want to do that, so that will not be an option. Thanks for bringing to my attention.

Does your breeder have more than one list you could put your name on? our breeder let us put our name on 3 of her lists so we could increase our chances. 

Unfortunately no.  She has 2 other litters, all reserved.  I guess that there is always a chance that there will be extra puppies.  I'll keep a watchful eye on her blog for the latest puppy news.

There is also a chance that another family will pass on a litter.  I know that I passed on two litters waiting on my Wilson.  I did wait an entire year for him but that was my choice.  By me passing up a pup from the other litters it opened up a spot for someone else.  Some people are very particular as far as they will only want a male red doodle.  If they are on the list for a litter and there are no male , reds...they may pass and open a spot for someone like yourself that sems to be open to more options.  I know that my breeder only allows a reasonable amount of people on a waiting list for one litter.  For instance, she isn't going to allow 20 people to think they are getting a puppy from a litter when it isn't possible there will be 20 puppies..does that make sense?  So my feeling is that if your breeder put you on the list there is a reasonable expectation that you will get a puppy.  Good luck and we can't wait to meet him/her when he arrives :)

Yes, I was on a list for Peri-at the bottom. She was only one of 6 and I think I was 8th.  Two families before me only wanted a male and moved to the next list.  I was open to either and that's how I got my Peri!!!

Great point, I didn't think about this scenario.  I am hoping to get a call, any day, to confirm the pregnancy.  Never imagined that I'd be this anxious...  If all goes well, I will have a puppy mid-June.

I think mid-June is pushing it a little.  First the pregnancy, then the puppyhood.  That is only about 10 weeks.  If you really are not too particular about the color,  I'm sure you can get a male puppy and you will fall in love with him as soon as you see him.  That is just the way it works.  And time does go quickly.  He will be in your arms soon.

Your right...I'm a little off in my calculations.  Hopefully, I will get a puppy prior to September when the kids return to school.  They are eager to assist with training, walks, etc.  They missed all of that with my last dog, Max--he was my first "baby."

Please promise ALL OF US, you will not get that puppy until it is over 8 weeks of age  :) Promise?

Oh and nice to see you out there again.  Congratulations!  Looking forward to watching your pup grow with us

Neither I nor the breeder would ever do that.  As a matter of fact, I do not believe that I will get him/her until 9-10 weeks old.  The "honeymoon" occurred in February, but no pregnancy confirmation email from the breeder yet.  My fingers are crossed and I am waiting anxiously for the news.

Thank you.  We had a lot of 6-7 week old puppies here for awhile so we are just trying to get the word out.

I'm very excited for you

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service