DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Thanks to all of your encouragement we just finished a 5,024 mile road trip with our 6.5 month old puppy.  We couldn't bear the idea of boarding over the holidays, so we drove from CA to MN to WI and back (in winter! yikes!).

Oliver did really well in the car, alternating between looking out the window and sleeping.  While he didn't get carsick at all, his appetite wasn't it's usual level.  We did have one rough night in a hotel where he was being spooked by screaming kids in the hall but overall it was much easier than we expected.  Oliver also got to romp in snow for the first time and LOVED it.  He also loved the inlaws dog and it took all of two minutes for them to become best friends.  Seeing how much fun they had together (and how much they tired each other out) I'm so tempted to get another pup.

We might be crazy to have done it, but it gave us great opportunities to train outside of the usual spots and have Oliver adapt to new situations.  Plus there were a lot of good smells along the way.

Thanks for the encouragement & tips that helped to make this trip a success!  After reading about what happened to that poor family & their doodle in the fire I might have to do this every year.
Are we there yet?
Puppy's first snow.
New best friends.
Please don't separate us!
Happy to be back home in 65 degree weather!

Views: 323

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm so glad your trip was a success! It looks like Oliver had a wonderful time! Good for you! 

Love Oliver's vacation shots!!!!!!!!!!!!  So glad it all went smoothly.  Enzo loves to ride in the car, Jeep, truck, whatever....On long trips she usually dozes off and never wakes up until we wake her.  Just like a baby!  ;)

Glad to hear you have a great traveler too.  Oliver was like Enzo - passed out until he felt the car stop.  He spent most of his time like this:

Bahahahahaha! That "form" looks so familiar!

Oliver looks like he had so much fun, so glad your trip was a success. :)

Love these shots of Oliver - the travelling dood!  It is wonderful that he is so adaptable - couldn't ask for more.

Great success story! I'm so glad it went well. Oliver looks like he had tons of fun. ;o)

So happy to hear Oliver's Travels was a success!    He is such a cutie!    Banjo is a wonderful traveling companion and goes almost everywhere with us.    We always laugh when we get in the car with him….as the poor guy has no idea if he's going to the store or on a long trip to Florida.   He takes it all in stride and makes every trip a joy.

I love the excited "Where are we going today" looks on their faces!

So glad to hear the trip was so successful!  I took Trav on about a 3,000 mile road trip, and he did beautifully also.

Great tale. cogratulations.

He is a lucky guy! So glad you took him and it went so well.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service