DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Many times on DoodleKisses we make friends and then they are on here less and less and we wonder where they went or what happened to them.  One of the DK members I had the good fortune to meet because my daughter somehow ended up living in the same town was Pat (and Traveler).  We had the best time and laughed like old friends.  My daughter, who teases me all the time that DK is a cult, went along with me to meet Pat and even she admitted Pat seemed very normal and nice for another cult member.  Pat’s dog, Traveler, was a sweetie, slightly ball obsessed, and very devoted to Pat.

One day out of the blue Pat contacted a small group of members to tell us she was terminally ill.  The prognosis was bad.  Not much time to live with or without treatment.  Out of respect for Pat we kept that news to ourselves, but tried to stay in touch with her and cheer her up the best we could.  Over time we heard less and less from Pat and the last couple of messages I sent her went unanswered.

Karen (and Jack) helped me locate her daughters on Facebook and tonight I received a message back from her daughter Jennifer that Pat passed away from cancer on August 15.  As I write this, Vern is sleeping next to me with his paw on my chest and is a great reminder to me what we all have in common….our love of our dogs.  My heart always goes out to the dogs left behind and the heartache and confusion they must feel to lose their person.  For that reason, I was so relieved to hear from Jennifer that Traveler has found the absolute best home.  He is now living with Pat’s next door neighbor, a young woman who adores him and Jennifer states he has bonded well with her and it has been a great match.

I am going to post a couple of fun discussions we had at Pat’s expense. She had a wonderful sense of humor and I won’t forget her.  It just reminds me again that I  have made some wonderful and lasting friendships on a site I joined simply because I got a Doodle. 

http://www.doodlekisses.com/forum/topics/dk-people-are-the-nicest-p...

http://www.doodlekisses.com/forum/topics/toadgate-for-pat-and-traveler

http://www.doodlekisses.com/profiles/blogs/another-dk-member-checke...

P.S. Her daughter was fine with me posting a discussion on DK.  I know Pat had lots of friends here.

Views: 1062

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you for letting Pat's DK family know this sad news, Laurie. I'm so glad Traveler found a loving home, I know that was one of Pat's top priorities. 

I will miss her, she was a smart, kind, funny lady. May she rest in peace.

Now I'm going to go re-read those discussions you posted and think about Pat, and smile. 

I know Pat was worried about Traveler and I am so happy too that he is well cared for and loved. Thanks for your help in getting the answers. I so enjoyed her sense of humor and I will miss her. 

So sorry to hear of Pat's passing. Thanks for letting us know

Thanks, Leslie.

Beautifully put Laurie. I was thinking of Pat and although I am so sad to hear your news I am glad you contacts her daughter. I am thinking of my favorite photo of Traveler. Pat adored him and I am glad he is settled. Pat was all the things Karen said and we will miss her.
I'm so sad to hear this. I know Trav will miss her terribly, but I'm sure Pat went to great lengths to make sure he'd be in the next best home.

Thanks for letting us know about Pat, Laurie.  She and Traveler have been and will be missed. Tara and I still play the nose games that Pat and Traveler taught us some time ago and it reminds me of them.. It is such a relief to hear that Trav is in such good hands and with someone that loves him and that he loves too.   Rest In Peace Dear Friend

This is so sad. Wow, I did not expect this news today. I just thought about her yesterday when looking at pictures. 

Laurie, thank you for the lovely tribute and posting the good memories

Thanks for this update Laurie. I was just thinking about her the other day and wondering if she would update us again. She was an amazing person and we will all miss her. I am so happy to hear that Traveler has found a good home.

Although I don't know Pat, I want to say I'm so sorry to hear of her passing. I'm glad Traveler has a new loving home.

I never met Pat in person but I loved the person I came to know through DK.  I am so glad Traveler is well care for.  Thanks for posting this, Laurie.

Thank you for letting us know Laurie. I was just thinking of her the other day when I was looking at Traveler's beautiful photo in my calendar.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service