DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Maddie was 2 1/2 when we got her last Sept and like most doodles she loves to run.  Several times she would run into the house through the sliding glass doorway at full tilt only to BOUNCE off the closed screen.  It was funny to watch but I worried she'd get hurt.

Now that the weather if finally starting to warm up I'm looking forward to leaving the sliding glass door open again.  I don't know if it's just getting her used to the screen being there again after a long winter or if there is something we can do to help her "see" the screen. 

I don't want to replace the screen or My Doodle.  Any suggestions to help make the screen more visible?

Views: 64

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think you could put some decals of birds, butterflies or whatever on the screen. You could sew a few spots on each one onto the screen.

We have one those at people height... maybe we should move it down to puppy height ;) Luna tried to run straight through the screen door a few days ago...

The one we have is a magnetic butterfly that comes in 2 parts that can be "clipped" onto the screen from either side.

Now that's a good idea. You might need two or three of those to protect everyone.
I can't remember where the butterfly was purchased - it was a gift.  It's specifically designed for that though :)

Here's a site but I hope you can find them for less by searching around.

http://windowfilmworld.com/screen-door-magnets-page-1.htm

Thanks....These are exactly what I kind of had in mind but didn't know if they were available and where to find them.   Might be fun to get a few to change things up now and then.  Cheaper  then replacing the screen or going to the vet.
we have intentionally "ripped" our screen door on the bottom 1/3 or so - this way, the dogs can run straight through the screen... just cut the mesh along the sides and reinforce the attachment points on either side. Works great for both dogs and humans!! This "invention" was actually Lilo's - she barged through the screen door and ripped it open, so we left it like that. In 6 years, we've only had to replace the mesh once.
If she can read you can put up yellow caution tape!!! (sorry)
I know they sell and dog door panel for sliders but not sure how that work in conjunction with the screen though.

It must be that time of year.  My DH just put a screen guard on the sliding door Tuesday night after Apollo ran through it earlier in the day.  DH picked it up at menards.  It's not very pleasing to the eye but functional.  

I tried very hard not to laugh when it happened, but just couldn't hold it in.  Clover was right behind him and stopped dead in her tracks at the door.  Apollo turned around, went back through the screen like he was showing Clover it's okay.  Apollo turned back around this time Clover stayed right behind him.  Her head was about 2" away from his butt as if he was protecting her from the screen.  I could no longer hold the laughter back.  Once I started laughing Clover got the zoomies then Apollo did.  I didn't know our lab had it in him. 

For some reason I think they have these characters or pictures that you put on the screen and the glass at kids and baby stores. I saw them at some point advertised for that purpose. I would try toys are us

After looking at the link to window world.  Since they are made by using the thin magnet sheets on both sides of the screen maybe you could make your own.  I believe Walmart, Hobby Lobby or a craft store sells them.  Take two printed pictures(maybe of Maddie) glue or use double sided tape to attach them to the magnets.  Then you could have something you like to look at or that coordinates with your window treatments.  Just an idea.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service