DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hey everyone... Bear goes to the vet today because of a seizure had had yesterday.  We're obviously nervous about it and hoping he doesn't ask us to start any medication... Do any of you have some advice before our appointment?  He has had one every six months for two years, but yesterday's was only a week after his last one.  I've heard and read how meds can really change their behavior and that they're hard to ever stop.  We obviously would like to go at this from the more "natural" side.  HELP?

Thanks!!  Bev

Views: 391

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I looked up each of the "herbs" that make up this concoction.  One can cause liver damage, one is a poison that had been subject to an FDA recall when it was included in infant drops, etc. 

I would not give any of my dogs this "iffy concoction".

Again - based upon the history presented I would not start any medication at this point.

Beverly - Just to let you know F has a medical background, Karen is one of the most knowledgeable people on DK and I am the moderator of the "Health & Medicine" and the "Seizure" groups. 

Lovely photo!!

Okay, DoodleKisses.com:  We took Bear to the vet and they gave him an RX for phenobarbital.  He hasn't had a seizure since then... but neither have we given him one capsule!  I have no idea what was causing them! Thank you so much for all of your notes... Continue to remember us!  Maybe he'll never have another one again.

Glad to hear!!!

Good news!  Keep up the good health, Bear!  and love the pictures!  

Hooray for Bear! Good luck! If you do end up needing to fill the phenobarbital prescription (and knock wood you don't), feel free to PM me--it's the only medication we've found that works for our Quinn. He's been on it for several years now, seizure-free since January 2012, with no significant side effects. (It knocked him out at first, but he was back to his old self once we found the right dosage.) We do a blood test every six months to make sure things are going well.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service