DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Otis has started eating poop. Not his. Other dog's.

Let me just say--I have a really weak stomach. Like, a booger from one of my children can have me running to the bathroom to vomit. I actually just shuddered typing the word booger. Lol. Admittedly, I'm a big baby.

So, let me just say, that this issue is seriously affecting me.

Ok. I've read all the previous posts about this topic. I've researched it online. There are a couple different "options": 1. He has a nutritional deficiency. 2. He's hungry. 3. He's just a gross weirdo that has no reason for eating poop.

My question: he eats 2 cups of Orijen puppy (one in the AM, one in the PM) each day. That's a COMPLETE food...correct? Should I be supplementing with something? My husband's parents are forever fussing at us about how skinny he is. But the vet says he's fine and I think he looks great too. But now I'm wondering if he is hungry. He does RUN to other dog's food bowls when he gets the chance.

I'll feel awful if it's because he really is hungry or missing a nutrient in his diet! :(

Any advice? Thx!

Views: 437

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had a pup out of one of my litters do this at around 11 weeks, at the new owners home.  They too tried numerous things, and I don't remember the names they tried.  But, someone told them to add Meat Tenderizer/MSG to the poop owners food.  In this case it was a second older dog.  They swore it worked within days....not sure how healthy adding MSG to a dogs food is tho.......

I feel the same way about it, but Doris did try monosodium glutamate and it didn't help. 

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service