DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Callie and I play a very silly game on the stairs where she runs up and stands on the landing and I come up the stairs on all fours and wrestle with her at the top. It seemed very normal/harmless to me until I was keeping a friend's elderly dog for the weekend...Callie "attacked" the dog at the top of the stairs and the "old lady" freaked out and slid back a few steps.

The whole thing has me curious if anyone else has a silly game they play with their doods that might make them feel slightly sheepish around non doodle-crazed folks, or that really just turned out to be a not-so-great idea.

Views: 80

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh gosh, Sadie will actually flip the ball to us for a bit if she thinks we are losing interest.....then once we re-engage she grabs it back and off she goes!
A neighbor plays this with Calla and she loves it too. One way to get her to really move.
DH and I make noises to Darwin, high squeaky ones, and low deep ones. We also do crazy baby talk. It's a competition between us, to see who can get him to cock his head more. It's not really a game WITH him, more like watching his reaction. But I would be very, very embarrassed if anyone walked in on us making those noises to him... ha ha!
Yeah we do this too, Penny will sit for a while, cocking her head, then rears up on her back legs and pounces on top of us, whether we're on the floor with her, or sat in our chairs. Very funny, but wouldn't bode well if a visitor did it and got the same reaction...hee hee!
I do hide and seek, but the Doods are pretty much onto my hiding places. The closet or behind the shower curtain used to work, and I'd make "cat noises". I don't think they would fall for that anymore. I'm going to go give it a try now and see what happens.
Sadie loves hide and seek......she will even "stay & wait" while we hide. She doesn't close her eyes though-so she has no trouble finding us. Total cheater~smiles....
my golden doodle chloe loves to take things like pocket books and put them in her bed she is a mence but we love her she is 6 months old
Sometimes I run upstairs 2 at a time and dash into one of the bedrooms. Wilson will then slowly go down the hallway, poking his head into every room..till I jump out at him. Then he'll jump around me dancing as he "found" me!!!
Our version of I'm going to getchoo is called "chase Chewie" and he ALWAYS has to have something in his mouth. Inside he will grab a toy and outside a stick or anything he can get his mouth on. He will not play unless he has something. It is amazing not only how fast he is, but the acceration and ability to change direction on a dime.
We do the "I'm going to get you" game too.........Sadie just LOVES it.......her eyes smile~
Oh Yes! Several as a matter of fact. When Sadie was a puppy she loved to seek out and chew on any item that distracted us from her-and or was ours and not hers. So, we taught her not to chew/destroy things but rather trade us for a treat. Now, only when she wants to engage us if we are busy or distracted she very adorably goes to one of our bedrooms and gets something like a sock for example.....and she prances around proudly with the item in front of the person to whom it belongs in hopes of a romp, wrestle, hug or treat. Enter my Caesar loving Sister-in-Law who doesn't find this sort of thing charming.....and enter family get together time when Sadie is very interested in engaging-and or being the center of attention! Ha!

Also, we wrestle and we play hide and seek.....both games we have been scolded for playing with her.....she loves us to chase her....but, I know that is a thing we never should have done since it gives her the idea......she is equal to we humans........it is just in my home, which is Sadie's home...she is an equal!!
We play the getchoo game in the backyard and this usually leads Sophie into the zoomies. She will run directly at me and at the last minute veer off. Today she was running at full speed and slammed head on into my right thigh. She almost knocked me over. I know I am going to get a huge bruise but she hardly lost stride. Good grief she is so cute.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service