DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Dogs are experts at sleeping in a variety of different positions... Luna has matured out of puppyhood and has mastered the ability to sleep in almost any position!

I decided it would be fun to name some of the most common sleeping positions (Instead of doing household chores I told myself I'd do this morning!)  

Anyone have more pictures or suggestions for other positions? :)

The Lookout

Sleeping on a raised surface (couch or bed) with the head hanging off the end for maximum visibility.

When did you say the basement renovations will be done?Luna portrait #2

The Tripping Hazard

In the middle of the stairs (for similar reasons to the Lookout) with paws draped all over, making going up or down the stairs a dangerous proposition.

Relaxing after the dog parkWhy do I have to come downstairs? I like sitting right here.

The Foxball

For maximum comfort, paws are tucked up so they can be used as pillows while the tail warms the nose

All balled up after bath time

The Forced Cuddle

After a human is comfortably situated, dog inserts itself in an awkward place and immediately looks extremely comfortable while the human's comfort is compromised.

Apparently my DF is also a doggie hammock

The Sleeping Buddy

A toy or other favorite object (or sibling) is tucked under the paw or chin to alleviate loneliness.

Mr. Squeakers is MINE!

The Wedge

Head wedged under, inside or on top of something that looks really awkward.

Definitely asleep...Ridiculous.

The Giant Pancake

Flat as a pancake, stretched out to take up as much room as possible.

Luna claims a scrap of carpetAll stretched out

and of course....

The Doodle Pose

All four paws in the air, head either hanging off something or completely upside down.

Doodling, as usual.

Doodle pose at its best

Views: 843

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here are the others. Not sure why it won't post them with my original comment! This is the crazy yoga-esque position "Sleeping like the dead - dog"
Attachments:

It looks like she just did a dramatic death scene for a movie and stayed "dead" there.  All tuckered out, she doesn't care where her paws/head are!

Haha! Yes! Being an actress is way better than yoga! :)

She looks like roadkill.

I know! When i first came upon her in that position I thought - "is she alive?!"
Oh my, what a pose...looks like she was twisted in half...now do they sleep like that???
Last one - Wedge. Sorry for the multiple posts.
Attachments:

LOVE this discussion and Luna is endlessly adorable.  Here is our variation on the wedge - I call it "The Bed Wedge," but it is also know as "Be Careful Getting Out of Bed in the Morning," and "Please Turn out that Light that is Bothering my Eyes," and lastly "Help Mom I am Stuck!"

Haha - I guess someone's not a morning dog ;)

Funny, funny - our older dog does this every single morning while we get ready for work.  I think the light bothers him because he's NOT a morning dog.

Love these shots of Luna's sleeping poses!!

Love it!  Ours are already masters of "the doodle" aka "the cool breeze," so much so that they do it synchronized. ;)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service