DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Molly has started a new silly practice of asking to go outside, and when I open the door she flies out the door like she's after something.  It's hilarious but at the same time it seems so intelligent.  It's like she's wanting to gain the element of surprise.  I've never actually seen her chase something though I do know we have cats and squirrels that come into our backyard 
She can't know something is in the backyard before she asks to go out because there's no avenue by which to have acquired that information she can't see out the kitchen window. 
I must admit that a small part of me isn't entirely unhappy with the idea, as we have a sand box for the little ones and we have to have a big cumbersome cover over it most of the time or neighborhood cats will use it as a bathroom.  But in truth I do hope that the cats or squirrels are very alert when they come around our yard because I really wouldn't want to see them come to any harm. 

Views: 202

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Skeet does the same thing. He is very enthusiastic and makes a great effort, but painfully slow
Compared to the squirrels. It seems yo be a game for them both since I caught
Him laying on the deck watching the squirrels take the stuffing out of his bed to
Use in their nest. He was just watching.

How cute.  :)

That's a mellow reaction.  :)

Trav flies out the patio door also, but he can see into the yard and has always hoped to catch a squirrel.  He's very unhappy when there's one actually in sight, and I won't let him out.  :)

lol

Bentley casually walks out, he isn't in a hurry for anything, squirrels or not! Maserati and Porsche also fly out the door, they are always looking for something!

Quincy can see out our back patio door, but the squirrels hang out on the other side of the retainer wall, up the hill.  He has to go all the way around to get up there - and fast as he is -  it could never happen with the head start that gives the squirrels.  But he has fun trying!  

I really do think they know when a cat or squirrel is in the yard.  Libby has just started doing the same thing.  She especially knows when a neighbor cat is in our yard and starts crying to go outside and when the door opens, she is OUT in seconds. Sure enough one is out there and she loves cats, but they don't realize that and take off.  The squirrels are driving her crazy because they are taunting her.  My biggest fear is she will come to the door with one in her mouth! 

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service