DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Wow, I’m new to the web-site and hoping to get some support.  I posted a question about the normal size of a doodle and got not one response.  2 hours later someone posted about the normal size of a mini and got several responses. Is there something I’m missing in terms of being a welcomed member? 

Can I ask again,, does anyone have a doodle over 70 pounds? Do they exist? I am looking for bigger the better and am finding a lot in the 50-60 pound range. Do I stop my search or are there larger standards out there, I just haven’t found the right Breeder. 

Views: 491

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We have a 12 week old that was 20.5 lbs at 11 .5 weeks. I am assuming he will be 65-70 lbs. based on the rate of growth we have seen so far. But it would be great if he is smaller. 

There are lots and lots of people here with doodles over 70 lbs. Check out the Heavyweights Group. 

I had one who was 82 lbs. 

But you mostly find that the bigger doodles are F1s, where one of the parents is a Retriever (which are always, always heavier boned than any Poodle)  and nowadays, many if not most reputable breeders have gone to higher generations, partly for the lower risk of shedding and partly because the demand seems to be for smaller dogs. 

Yes, I am at a loss to find a breeder

That mini doodle post was started back in January. Sometimes it takes a little while for someone with the right experiences to come along and respond to it. It's nothing personal. 

I think there are a lot of really big doodles out there, sometimes their size is a surprise to everyone. If you're looking for the big one, I feel like the boys often grow larger than the girls. 

The most important thing to me in a puppy would be researching the breeder. Make sure that they do all the appropriate health testing and really breeding responsibly. The size thing always seems to work itself out in the end.

Thank you!

Zack is 100 pounds

I have two F1 Goldendoodles. One is 90 pounds and one is 75 pounds. Karen makes a very good point that there may be a much greater demand for multi-generation doodles and smaller doodles so finding an F1 could be harder. Mine are 10 and 7 years old. 

Mila in about 67 lbs,, our neighbours have a 100 lb goldendoodle too,, lots of dog to love

I'm on a list for a litter to be born in mid-March. One parent is 50 lbs, the other is 55 lbs & they are both deemed to be 'standard' size, which is find with my family (we had a golden retriever that hovered between 80 & 85 pounds & came up to my waist! I'm 5').

Our pup had a 50 lb F1 Goldendoodle mom and 55lb Standard poodle dad. He weighed 20.5lbs at 11.5 weeks. Vet says probably 60-70 full grown.

I have an F2b with similar parents (mother was a little lighter than 50 lbs) and my boy is 72 lbs of lean muscle. He got the tall poodle body that Nancy mentioned. Most people estimate him to be 90-100lbs because of how tall he is, but they haven't put their hands on what I like to call his "stilts" for legs. 

Hi.  I have not checked this website in a long time.  I have a standard size Golden Doodle.  He is AWESOME!!!!!  He had big paws at 10 weeks old and definitely grew into them.  I met his mom and dad.  Mom was large Golden, about 65+ lbs.  Dad was 45lbs poodle.  My boy Cooper, now 7 years old, is 88 lbs and an athlete, not a chubby.  He is super active outside and inside is "needy" but very relaxed.  If kids play with him, then he is full on puppy.  

We have fed him only Wellness Large Dog Adult food.  He gets about 2 cups in the morning and 2 at night, overall.  we leave it out all day and he prefers to eat, as mentioned.  

Hope thus helps.  Best dog anyone in my life has ever met.  They all admire him.  He's so good.  

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service