DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I know this is a nutso question, but lately Oliver has this weird smell about him. I have checked his ears, no sign of redness of problem there, and he is not scratching them. I have him bathed once a month, and his anal glands are checked too. It is sort of a doggie smell, but I cant pinpoint it. It usually appears about a week after grooming and bath, sort of a sour smell. His teeth are white, no problems there, maybe this is normal?..My aussie does not have this smell, and I can't remember any of my other dogs having this either. His skin is fine, not dry, and fur is fine too. He eats TOTW Roasted fowl, and does just fine on it. He used to be on the salmon one, but I noticed a fishy smell eminationg from him, and changed the food to the other. Any ideas or suggestions for us?

Views: 137

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You are talking to my Gus and he is so happy!!! Everyone else goes "YUK"...wet laundry is good for him!!!!!!
I gave Spud a much needed bath on Saturday--3 weeks overdue. Late in the day. I even tried the blow dryer several hours later when he was not drying. If I get close to his coat -- it stinks. He looks beautiful --he stinks. I signed on to let you know
I am goung to talk to the groomer about this, maybe they need to dry him differently? I thank all of you for helping me with your thoughts and ideas/
that is really something, but what confuses me is when I touch the hair down to the skin and the skin itself it feels dry...But maybe it isn't, and that is the culprit. Iam't it amazing how something so cute can smell so bad, lol...Ih, I do keeep him pretty short for just that reason, with the humidity here I am very cautious with his coat and skin...
Murphy usually smells good or doesn't have a smell.
When he doesn't, its usually his beard.
BUT this past summer, when he was swimming, it was his web collar. (he has a lot of hair and nothing dries easily)
Olivers beard is cut short because I got real tired of water dripping all over the floors when he drank something, or running after him to dry his face...
I was in class today (New Orleans) with quite a few people that had just moved here (New York, PA, Maryland). They were complaining about the heat and humidity and how nothing here dried and fruit went bad right away and you can't make candy here and bread won't rise.
I guess doodles don't dry either. lol
Poor kids--but don't let them fool you--where they come from it is humid a good 4 months or more too. They were just trying to get your mind off the lecture you were trying to give :)
You should have heard them! lol
And the end of October is the best weather of the whole year down here.
Highs of 85.
Hahaha This cracked me up!! I better not moved to the South, so I wont have a mildewie doodle!!!
Great one, Kyoko!
Oh Kyoko~~ Your rabies is making you so silly :)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service