DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I HATE Stupid dog owners!!! HATE THEM!!!

Why would anyone bring a dog to a dog park if they know they have aggression issues?? It was apparantly the first thing this stupid woman said to some of the owners when she came in "my dog is sometimes aggressive with smaller dogs so be careful". SERIOUSLY??

So why then, when her dog is attacking my dog does she not get up, put out her cigarette, and pull her dog away? heaven forbid.

I don't really remember a whole lot about what happened, but I can still hear my baby squealing and don't know if I'll ever get that sound out of my head. Lucky for her my instincts were quick enough and her skin was not broken by any of the bites. It was certainly nowhere near as a bad as if it were an aggressive pit bull, but still, it was a very terrifying few minutes. Half the other owners in the dog park were in there pulling dogs away, and I had Sophie in my arms before the owner decided to get up and come over. Her dog kept jumping up and biting Sophie's legs trying to pull her back down, each time sophie crying out. Someone finally pulled the dog away, and that's when the owner the decided maybe she should react and take her dog away. I saw her leaving as we were checking Sophie over for any injuries. In then end I think I was far more shaken then she was (thank goodness).

Are there laws about stuff like this?? Isn't she obligated to keep her dog under control?? Can't she be fined??

In all the chaos I don't really remember much of what happened because of all the adrenalin rushing through me. All I know is my poor doodle wouldn't leave my side or interact with any other dog for a while. I wanted to make sure we left on a positive note so I tried to get her to play again. It wasn't until her friends Abe and Rufus came in about 15 minutes later that she finally started to perk up. That's when Abe's owner pointed out that I was bleeding. I guess with all the adrenalin I hadn't even felt the bite. At some point my left hand got bitten and my arm is badly scratched up. I have no idea if it was the aggressive dog, or one of the other dogs, or even my own.

Anyway, I'm ok, and so is my precious SophieBear, thank goodness. But what an ordeal. I'm still shaken an upset. Even though I've been awol from DK for a few weeks it was the first place I came to share my story and vent. Thanks for reading my ramble!

Views: 1065

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So scary. I cannot understand people who allow such aggressive dogs loose never mind bring an aggressive dog to a dog park.
What a terrifying story! I had no idea dog ownership could be so hazardous. It sucks that people who take good care of their pets have to suffer because of the neglect and irresponsibility of others.
My mom's cat was attacked and killed in the same sort of incident you had, Richard.  This is not to change the subject from dog park attacks, but it seems when Pits get that aggression in their head, there is no recourse.
Richard this truly terrifying. You were both fortunate to have survived that encounter! Things can happen so fast! Glad that it turned out as well as it did. :)
I'm so very sorry for you and sweet SophieBear. How could any"thing" attack her? I cannot imagine. You must be beside yourself. I hope you are able to report this to the police. That woman and her animal need to have a paper trail on how often it has attacked.
I have no idea. She doesn't have a mean bone in her little body. It makes no sense. The only thing i can think of is that now that she is 8 months old older dogs are less likely to tolerate her puppy behaviour. But still, the reaction was not a simple correction, it was really aggressive. I think I will try to report her.
Oh boy - I am so sorry for the both of you.  This brings back so many horrid memories of when baby Rooney was attacked at our dog park by a dog that had previous problems.  In that case I knew the owners and I had their dog and them banned from the park.  I'm so happy that you are both o.k. but if this is a public park - there is usually a number posted to call the authorities if there are problems.  I'd try to find out who the person was and report them.  
I think I will! thanks!
It's shocking how many irresponsible pet owners there are out there.  I'm sure that in her warped (and stupid) mind, announcing that her dog has aggression issues as she entered the dog park absolved her of any problem that might have occurred.  Kind of like, "I have a loaded gun and I'm going to indiscriminately fire it around the room.  If you get hit, sorry, I've warned you."
I don't think I will ever have the courage to take my dood to a dog park!  He will only play with dogs I know.  Guess that's makes me a wimpy doodlemom????

I'm with you Melody. Tara is 2 1/2 and she has never gone to nor will she ever go to a dog park! Two quotes keep coming to mind when I think of dog parks and I think I heard them both here on DK and both were supposedly things that vets said.

1. Dog parks are cesspools

2. Dog parks put my daughter through college.

Nuff said!

hhmmm, I hear that but I think it is really unfortunate. I've met some really nice people and really nice dogs at dog parks. I've learned a lot about dogs and a lot of tricks about the best local groomers, best places to take a dog swimming, and other dog related stuff around town, from chatting with folks in the dog park. sophie LOVES it there as it is the only place she can run around off leash. It is only a few blocks from my apartment so it really is great. We've never had a problem like this before. I love the dog park and really don't want to stop gong there because of one bad experience. I'm not going to let one stupid dog owner prevent me and my dog from enjoying what is rightfully ours - a safe public dog park. We could have easily encountered that dog while walking on the street and the same could have happened.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service