DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Success with NATURAL seizure approach without Medication - it's WORKING for Jasper!

We are celebrating 8 weeks SEIZURE FREE today without any Medics! Yippee!!!
I want to share this with all of you, as it might help another Dog in some way.
Our Natural approach is working for Jasper. For all the new members a quick history. 
Our Australian Labradoodle at the age of 18 months suddenly started having seizures. Through Pedigree research we discovered Genetically inherited Epilepsy from his Grandfather.
Jasper's Mom has no Epilepsy, but should have not been used for breeding due to
the seizure history in this blood line. Well making money seems more important
to some people. By february this year he was averaging one seizure in 3 weeks.
At one stage he had two in only 5 days. All Grand Mals, but luckily no clusters.
I then contacted Dr. Jean Dodds in desperation to get some advise, as we were
trying to avoid Medication for as long as safely possible for Jasper. I had the
full support of my Vet.
Per Jean Dodds advise we started 3 things in may: Epi-Still (a remedy based on Passionflower & Skullcap to calm the nervous system), Taurine and a homemade GRAIN FREE
Diet.
From then on his seizure breaks increased from 3 weeks to 6 to 7 and today we passed 8 weeks and still going seizure free. I cannot pinpoint, which of the 3 is helping him or if it is
the combination of all 3 together? But IT IS WORKING! They few seizures he has
had since may have been shorter, milder and faster in recovery
time.
I so hope those monsters will stop all together, but for now we are happy where we are.
Kirsy & Jasper

Views: 98

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wishing you and Jasper continued success with this approach!
Thank you so much Karen. Just wishing it could help others as well!!!!
Sounds wonderful! We were unable to try a natural approach with Sadie as her grand mal seizures ran over 6-7 minutes in duration, and she often had another immediately after her first-the Vet feared "status epilepticus". I just LOVE to hear a case where the natural path is helping and measures of success are making a big difference! It's great Kirsy how hard you are working to improve Jasper's quality of life and how you have considered all kinds of options. Really, really nice job! 8 weeks is a big milestone! Sadie and I wish you continued success.
This is such great news! I'll be praying that Jasper remains "seizure free".
This is wonderful news! I'm glad to hear that you found a natural approach that is working and I hope you continue to see improvement!!
This is very good news. The treatment described is another weapon in the arsenal in treatment for our dogs with Seizure Disorders. I am glad that this is working for Jasper.

For more information on Seizure Disorders and Epilepsy in dogs please see the "Seizure Disorder and Epilepsy Group"

http://www.doodlekisses.com/group/seizures

It is important that before trying any alternative treatments to consult with your vet.
I am so happy that this is working for Jasper.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service