DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

No pics yet, but Lyric went to a new groomer today and came back like a poodle! Well, not quite, but pretty close! I had given the groomer an 8x11" picture and a written description and just asked her to make it shorter with the same shape. The body is fine, but the head shape is really different. Really short on her nose and under the eyes, as well as on the sides of her head. She is really CLEAN and fluffy however. My old groomer did a better job with a doodle shape, but the dog wasn't clean! Especially her ears! Groomers are very expensive around here, so I wanted to get a clean well groomed dog more than the right shape and I definitely I got that!

Views: 95

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Be glad it didn't look like this - This is why dogs bite people (hopefully the picture showed up)

Funny!
Very, very funny!! And,yes, I am glad!!
This can NOT be real!!???? I think I'll do the biting! LOL
Oh, there's more! I had gone into images on Google for poodle cuts, golendodle cuts, to get actual photographs of what I'd want and not want when I take them to a groomer and a whole mess of really bad poodle cuts came up. I could post them all day long, they are bad and I don't know why you'd do that to a dog. So, Google poodle cuts in images and enjoy! Or drop your jaw in horror :-)
I don't know if you live near here, but this is a link to a recommended groomer.
http://idog.biz/WhereYouLive/NewYork.html
Not close to this one--but I think I see a key word on the website you gave me the link to--SCISSOR! I used to scissor cut my departed Wheaten and the clippers definitely have given Lyric a different look. I don't know if I have the courage to scissor her whole body, but may I will do her head from now on with the scissors and let the groomer do the rest. She has such an athletic body, she looks good with short hair, but the head shape is the tricky thing. Thanks for the tip, though!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service