DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Thank you everyone for the support and an update on Lizzie (Another Update....)

Thank you everyone who sympathized, cried, and empathized with me! I truly felt all the warm hugs from DK. It has been my haven for puppy-happiness in this hard time. For those who read my blog, I finally cleaned up the puppy stuff in my house today; it only took me a week. Everything is nicely packed and "in-waiting" for the new puppy. My boyfriend seems to think the solution to my sadness is just to get two puppies next time....we'll see about that.

But, here's an updated that Sharon posted on my blog:
"Lizzie's progress update to all...Lizzie was re-checked and no infection found, swelling is gone and she has full weight baring on her foot now, ortho consult revealed very little could be done that would benefit the injury since there was no break and may cause more problems with stiffness and arthritis in the future. It broke my heart Missi knowing how you must have felt as you left Lizzie with me. Missi you did make the right choice, it is my responsibilty to be her care giver in this time of need. It's been less than a week since she returned and things just keep getting better every day. Blood test show her red blood cells are regenerating, PCV (packed cell volume) is up to 28 normal is above 30, she is eating on her own as of Friday and as of today has gained over a lb.in two days up to 6 lbs 5 oz Doesn't seem like much, but wonderful to see. My hopes are that I will get her to 100% and you will have your lil girl back, but if that is not an option you will have your new baby in no time at all and she will be as loving and special as Lizzie."

And she sent me a new picture of her playing!

So, I am not sure what the future will bring; nonetheless, I will be sure to keep everyone updated. But I really just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to everyone! This is what truly makes DK an amazing community

****Update****
I WILL BE BRINGING LIZZIE BACK HOME!! This will of course be pending on her last vet appointment with Sharon on Thursday, where a clean bill-of-health is expected related to the anemia. The surgeon that Sharon took her to said that there is no surgery that would fix her leg and she will always have a limp, but should adapt well since she is so young. But, really, her job in life is to love and cuddle with me, she can do that with a limp! (As long as she's not in pain, of course)
So far, she's gained over a pound and half in 2 weeks and is no longer needing to be syringe fed. But here's a good picture of her wrist, it's shaved from the needle aspirations. So anyway, that's what I know so far.... I will have my baby back at home!

Views: 68

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm so happy she is getting better! Thank you for sharing her update with us! She is a doll!!
I've been out of touch for a few days and just read your blogs. What a great breeder that is. I wish you ALL the best!!

I'm sure Lizzie will recover - I have a good feeling about this!!
Guess I need to unpack all the puppy stuff again!
What?? Really, she is coming home to you?? I am so happy for all of you!!!!!
What fabulous news Missi!!!!!!!!!
So happy to hear everything has worked out so well!!!
That is great news. I am so happy to hear that this will have a happy ending for you.
Great news! Can't wait to hear more about her progress.
Missi, I'm so glad Lizzie is doing better! I hope evrything works out for you both!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service