DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

The Doodle Messenger is announcing a benefit available to all of our readers...

We are proud to partner with Petplan, America’s #1 pet insurance provider according to independent customer reviews on PetInsuranceReview.com.

In the course of the last ten months we have been given space on so many doodle sites and forums to help those doodles in need. Because of them, because of you who read the stories and hold the paws across the "Doodle Internet," TODAY we are able to announce a special benefit for those who seek or will be renewing their doodle pet insurance.  We hope this announcement brings you both joy and thanks from the Volunteer Board Members of the Messenger and the Corporate offices (dog lovers all) of Petplan Insurance. We  are so thankful for their concern for our sick doodles...and their assistance to doodle owners.

Our unique strategic partner promo code is DOODLE which provides an additional 5% partner discount on top of the standard 5% website discount!  If you already have Petplan, be sure to notify the company by telephone when you renew and your discount using "Doodle" will also apply.

For every new doodle who is signed up with Petplan, and for those who are needing to renew their insurance with Petplan, the company will donate $25.00 to the fund which goes directly and equally to each doodle on The Doodle Messenger!  We understand this is the season of miracles. Not only a discount to a discount, but, how lucky we are to have met a corporation  with not only momentum, but a heart, and willing to extend that to so many of our doodle owners in need, contemplating insurance or not. If you are not a person who uses pet insurance, perhaps you will tell friends of the kindness of this particular company.

Here is the link for further instructions and a summary of PetPlan policies:

http://doodlemessenger.webs.com/readersbenefits.htm

Views: 111

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think the name in Canada is Pet Secure. Don't know if it was a company Pet Plan bought or initiated.  I'm going to have our webmaster double check and I'll try and get back to you when I have an answer.  Imagine things are slowing down for the Christmas holidays, but we'll try and get back to you.
We are trying to reach them for an answer on this.  We know they are on short staff, understandable, will get back when we have an answer. They are easy at the corporate level to work with and respond. It's just a hard time to get to them as the Christmas eve approaches.  Back when we have an answer. SOON.
Does PetPlan cover routine care such as vaccinations. I looked at the site and saw that there are varying deductibles and copays but the routine care coverage was not clear to me.
I know our policy does not cover routine care.  I am pretty sure they reimburse for treatment of illness or injury only.
Thanks. This makes me think that a higher deductible and copay would be the way to go for more serious problems.

That is what we decided to do too. We can cover the routine stuff but would need help with a catastrophic illness. As with all insurance though, it is something we hope we NEVER need to use!!

Probably, it sounds, sounds like that to me from those on the Messenger who have really terrible issues they are facing.  I think you kind of have to look at what would be the situation you wouldn't want to face and kind of decide from there.  PetPlan's folks at the corporate level have been very kind in offering their help in partnering with us, I can only imagine they would be that way with a potential client.  Try them, and if you can, wait until next week when they are in a fully staffed mode!  The holiday means so many are off or on shortened word days.  At first we were going to hold off on the announcement for this reason, yet we wanted to get to the renewing people in the US and Canada as fast as we could. Just responded below...back now to the cookies which I think are smoking (bad) in the oven!!!!!
I wish I could answer this.  I suspect the best thing is to call their 800 number next week and talk with them. I believe they have a variety of programs to suit your needs.  Most that we looked at didn't cover routine vax's, but covered the more serious issues. Those that covered the common and routine, didn't necessarily cover the serious!  So each plan varies.  Try calling them for your own needs, and then go online for your discount once you have figured it out.  They seem to be most forthcoming with us and want to be for those who are looking for insurance.  Everyone needs something a little different.  So, give them a call.  Insurance is generally based on the unexpected rather than the norm if you know what I mean.  So each person interested needs to call and find the plan best suited to their needs.  But then, go online if over the phone they won't do the DOODLE promo code. That they told us this morning was an issue for they are short staffed for the holiday and were trying to bring everyone in the company on the same page. See Rick & Tara's response below. Best holidays to you.
Thanks for all the helpful and prompt responses.

No on "routine", but don't let that stop you -- weigh everything out  -- do your homework and READ all you can. 

What was most important to us was all the "other" (and all the mishaps you've read on the forum) -- sickness, ear problems, tummy problems or EMERGENCY -- that's when you need insurance.  You won't hestitate (and feel guilty) to ask the doc if you have insurance. 

We've been VERY pleased with this insurance.  They actually have REAL PEOPLE to talk to ... ask questions, and respond very fast.  I cannot say enough about them.

Here I am again. Just wondering if it costs more to insure a female than a male. Both dogs are microchipped etc. but Calla is 10 months younger than Luca. Yet her policy for all the same parameters is slightly more expensive.

That is curious...I don't know-you got me on that one!! Since we only have Tara we didn't have the opportunity to do a comparison.  I'm trying to think of a reason why a female would cost more...especially a spayed female...

You might have to talk to a real person about this question! LOL!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service