DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I really cannot believe that I am in custody of this prestigious award – my dh is questioning my sanity but I mean it when I say that it is a real honor to be added to the list of HDA winners.  It all started, this addiction, back on August 27, 2010 (11 short months ago).   Rooney had been born 10 days earlier and I was internet browsing, looking for doodle info, I came across DK by accident and have never left.   It started off innocently enough, an hour here or there – at first just lurking and reading, watching, figuring out the key players and learning a ton.  Once on that slippery slope my DK time went to multiple hour long sessions, asking questions, starting to make comments – it wasn’t long before I could spend the better part of the day here, posting baby Rooney photos, making friends, wishing people happy b-day.  Once Rooney came home I loved you all for loving him, thinking he was cute & special as much as I did!  There have been more laughs than I can count, some tears, a disagreement or two but always advice, acceptance, support & love.   Each of you has inspired me in so many different ways.  I learned the joy of unconditional love from reading the rescue stories and then I was blessed with my darling baby Stuart. 

I received the box this weekend from Belinda in Richmond, VA.  There were some awesome goodies along with that famous trophy and the HDA journal.  I’ll fess up that I sat with a glass of wine and read every page in that journal, with tears in my eyes – I was moved by the love of doodles shared by all these different people from places near and far.

Thank you Belinda for our Greater Richmond Area Doodle bandannas & Crunchy Treats w/Berries for both the boys, some Virginia Diner Gourmet Salted Peanuts, a Virginia is for lover’s magnet & bumper sticker and my favorite gift – a flashlight that is absolutely the perfect size for taking the boys out after dark!

Without DK; my house would be cleaner, my butt would be thinner, there would be less wine drinking, my golf game would be better, my tan would be deeper, there would be gourmet cooked dinners, (possibly more sex but don’t let on to dh) and more hours to sleep but there would also be a huge hole in my heart that DK has filled.   Thank you all.  So continue to watch to see – who will become the next Hopeless Doodle Addict Award Winner!!!!!!  But not too fast - I want to savor the moment!

Views: 142

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jane, Congratulations on a well deserved honor. I can see where Fudge and Vern pressed their noses up against that trophy. Your pictures are terrific!! Belinda did a great job with the prizes.

Rooney and Stuart, Give that trophy a kiss before it moves on to the next HDA. Have fun showing off the trophy!!

Wow, beautifully said and many congrats... Can't believe how grown up Stuart is!!!

Congrats Jane!!!  Welcome to 'da club.

And love your dining table btw.

Congratulations Jane, Rooney and Stuart! Love the photos. DK is the best.
Well deserved Jane.....Congratulations!!!    And please know DK would not be the same without you!   (Rooney has the CUTEST smile ever!!!!)

Welcome tot he HDA Club, Jane.  Congratulations!  The boys look just wonderful. You all do.  Nice Pictures.  Enjoy and DON'T clean the kisses off the trophy star... Just add more!

Wow...Congratulations Jane!  I think you are the first DK member to achieve this honor by being a member less than a year!  You have been one busy woman for sure!  And we all know every moment spent with our Doodles or talking about our Doodles is worth it.  I love hearing that another "hole" has been filled in someone's heart.  My Gracie Doodle did a great job filling mine!  Your boys are beautiful as always and Stuart is really growing up fast.  Rooney is as always...our Little Rooney that we fell in love with that first day when you posted his picture with that funny cowlick on the top of his head.  Doodlekisses fell in love instantly with that little boy.  You have done a great job sharing him with us and this honor that you received is well deserved...hugs to the boys!
Oh my Doodle he was the cutest little thing that I had ever seen!  Where did this time go?
Remember Rooney's first blog about "his abduction"?  My life has forever been enriched by this little guy!!!

Rooney is still the cutest doodle ever!  Congrats on your HDA prizes!

That's the picture!!!  And yes, the abduction blog.  I had forgotten about it.  That picture is the day we all fell in love with Little Rooney!!!!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service