DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Pekin, Illinois!!!

Finally!  I am the newest proud recipient of this fabulous honor.  I feel like I've been waiting forever to get to this point in my doodle addiction!  I just don't know what to say.  So many people to thank.  I'd like to thank Adina and Clark for starting this wonderful website.  I'd like to thank all of my friends here for making DK such an entertaining and educational place to hang out.  But, most of all, I'd like to thank Halas for being the object of my addiction.  He's the cutest addiction ever! And probably the only one that doesn't come with a 12-step program.

Jennifer and Jack sent the trophy to us, and the box was full of really great gifts, along with the trophy.  The box was waiting on my front porch at lunch, but I couldn't open it until after work tonight.

Hey! What's in here?! It smells exciting.

A trophy!  Let me get my nose smudge on there!

Mission accomplished.  Now let's check out those gifts.

Yum, sweet potatoes!  I love these!

Stuffless toys are perfect for me.  I like to scrunch them up and carry them around like this:

Everything is just so great!  

What did you get?

Jennifer and Jack sent us lots of great stuff.  Halas got a stuffless toy, a Clemson University squeaky bone, a duck that makes a duck noise, a treat ball puzzle toy (video, here: http://www.doodlekisses.com/video/halas-with-his-new-treat-ball), a bully stick, and some dehydrated sweet potatoes.  He's been playing with everything, and now he's bugging me for another piece of sweet potato.  During Yappy Hour, I mentioned that I went to Clemson in SC for a semester, and we were joking about the rival South Carolina Gamecocks.  So Jennifer and Jack sent me a Gamecocks hat, but there's really not enough room to write Gamecocks on the hat (such a big word), so they had to shorten it.  Which means I had to blur it out before putting the picture into this family-oriented discussion. I probably should have worn my Intercourse, PA shirt with it, because it would have made a fabulous outfit, but I didn't think of that until after the picture.  It was difficult to get Halas with me and the toys in the picture using the timer, so the one above is the best we could do.  Although this one is kind of funny:

If anyone is wondering what this is all about, it's about people who are crazy about their doodles.  Well, crazy about ALL doodles.  We like to celebrate our addiction to doodles by passing around a traveling trophy.  There's more information here: http://www.doodlekisses.com/forum/topics/and-the-next-doodle-addict-is

I'd just like to thank everyone again for making life with a doodle more fun than it already is!

Views: 376

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Congratulations!   And oh my goodness.  Pekin is such a small town, or at least I remember it that way.  My mother grew up in Pekin, Illinois, as did the whole of her father's side of the family back until before 1900.  I visited my grandparents and various other relatives in Pekin often when I was a young child.

Cool! Do you still have relatives here?

Congratulations, Leslie and Halas! Great pics and video! :-)

Yeah! Congrats Leslie & Halas :)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service