DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

As I've mentioned before, we adopted Harlow as a 10-month-old puppy at our local shelter. She was found wandering around downtown Omaha, dirty, matted, starving and full of worms. But she had the most gorgeous face and a temperment to match and we had to adopt her.

We always thought she was a doodle, most likely a goldendoodle, but never could be sure. Most of you agreed! Well I ordered a Wisdom Panel Insights DNA test and sent in her swabs and the results are finally in!!!

Harlow is......a standard goldendoodle! Her results showed 50% golden retriever and 50% standard poodle.

I was worried the results may not be all too accurate, as I have heard doggie DNA tests aren't always reliable quite yet, but Harlow's results are spot on and just what I thought they would be! But for the record, she could be half and half anything and she would still be greatly loved!

It still perplexes and saddens me that someone could abandon such a truly great dog. And not just Harlow...dogs like her are left in shelters or on the streets everyday. Harlow goes to show that even expensive, in-demand dogs aren't safe from the shelters. It worries me that the doodle's popularity even increases the amount of indescriminate breeders out there...

Anyway, just thought I'd share the results for everyone that was curious! It glad I ordered the test, it was a fun experience!

Views: 231

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am amazed that the results are only F1 (50/50)!! With that coat he should have more poodle!
He is absolutely gorgeous no matter what his DNA says!! With that white coat, I will bet that the GR part is English GR - they are much whiter than an American GR.

Doesn't it just break your heart that so many are dumped at shelters. Everyday there are more and more all over the country. With wonderful families like yours, lots are getting into fantastic Doodle homes!!!
I would have bet my house that the dog in that photo is a goldendoodle, without any DNA test. But I'm glad it's now official!
She looks 50/50 to me. 50/50= 1,000% Beautiful. Love that you did the DNA Test. Interesting :)
No matter what the DNA test reveal, you have prize for sure! What a beautiful doodle!
She's a beauty! That's cool that you were able to confirm your thoughts that she is a GD. I agree that it's impossible to imagine someone giving up this great doodle and all of the other great doodles and other dogs in shelters.
I agree, a beautiful Goldendoodle indeed.
Yay! Glad it's "official"... She Harlow... we would have accepted you HERE even if there wasn't a stitch of doodle in you! I knew you were one beauty of a doodle-girl!!! It just amazes me how people could leave such special animals.... I just received a great video on "DOGS".. think I'll try and post it on the forum or possibly I guess it may fir into a "blog" It truly is beautiful!
Harlow you are one gorgeous doodle!
She is Beautiful, I so glad you could help her, I can't imagine anyone not wanting her.
Oh...just look at that face...She is a GoldenDoodle for sure. And, she is gorgeous. How lucky for you and Harlow that you found each other. Gracie Doodle says "Welcome, now go join the GoldenDoodle Group"!

I was eagerly waiting for this post. I really want to get Clancy tested.
Oh yes Nancy, do get Clancy tested. He looks a lot like Harlow don't you think? I would love to know for sure what he is!!!!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service