DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Has anyone used this? I hear it is wonderful for doodle ears. If you have some where did you purchase from? So far the only place I can find it is in the UK or on Ebay but even then it is from the UK ! I would love to be able to purchase in the US. Thanks!

Views: 5616

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here is a US link sent to me by Max's breeder: www.pocoapocopoodles.com/products. It's called "Dry it up ear powder" but I think it has the same ingredients as Thornit Powder.

where do I buy the three ingredients to make my own Thornit powder.  I live in Michigan and pharmacies require a Rx for

zinc oxide powder and iodoform powder.  The boric acid i was able to buy it online.  Please i need some recommendations as to where I can buy the above 2 powders.

Many thanks 

Hi Geri,

I bought it on line from the UK when CeeGee had an ear infection from getting snow in her ears a couple of years ago.  I thought I'd have it on hand in case of another bout of ear infection.  I have 2 bottles (they're small) and I used it once.  It's pretty messy and smells awful - to me that is :).  I asked my vet about it and he said it worked okay but what he advised, and what he advises for anyone who owns any kind of water dog, is to take 1cc of RUBBING alcohol (90%+) in a small syringe or eye dropper and squirt it into the ear canal.  It acts like HEET in your gas tank and evaporates the water in the ear canal.  I have a small bottle and syringe in my "doggie bag" that I take with me everywhere when we're out on the river, snowshoeing, etc. I usally do it as soon as we're done with our activities and that seems to be time enough. Since I've been doing that, CeeGee hasn't had one ear infection.  With that said, I still have my 2 bottles of Thornit and I would be glad to give them to you and I can send them in the mail.

I swear by it and do use it on all my pups starting at 5 weeks old.  They get their first bath and "groom" at 5 weeks and again when they go home. :)

I also give a sample packet of it to my families and go over perventitive ear care...

IT DOES WORK as long as it is used one a month or every six weeks, a good time to do it is when  your dog comes back from the groomer...clean the ear with a q tip and alcohol then dry and add this...

Carol Dean

Southern Charm Labradoodles.

Whats a 'q tip'? And what alcohol do you use???? Like literally vodka????? Thanks!

I use thornit - it's great for ear plucking too - a sprinkle makes the hair easy to get hold off and makes ear plucking easy.

I like the idea of using it after the groomers - thats when we get ear infections as I think their ears always get water inside =(

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service