DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Okay...  I give up!  Can't say I didn't try though!  We just bought Tori a new toy, we'll call it a Valentine's gift.  It was made from "virtually indestructible" fire hose material.  Well, we played with it for a while with her, went in the other room for 5 minutes and there it was, with a great big HOLE in it.  Guess we'll just stick to balls and nylabones... HUH! so sad.... 

Views: 136

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I worked for the fire department.....believe me...EVERYTHING is destructable......
And so I have learned!!! LOL
Have you tryed hurleys - large size. Roo can destroy anything except a zogoflex hurley. They are hard to find in petstores,especially the hurley - it is actually shaped like a bone. Just google zogoflex and several reputable sites carry them.
Hmm... think I will try one! They say they will even give you your money back if it breaks. Maybe I'll put Tori to work being a toy tester. That way she can buy her own toys!! LOL
I used to work at the Corp HQ for a large shoe designer and manufacturer. We had shoe testers, so maybe if you wrote to some of the destructible toy companies they would like for Tori to be a tester. We didn't pay them, they just got to keep the product and they filled out a little form about their thoughts on the product.
I heard about the Zogoflex in another discussion. I ordered one and Tucker will not play with it. I think because he cannot destory it! Weird. He got a Kong Wuba for Valentines Day- 5 minutes, that was it. Done. I tried all the indestuctible toys- he destroyed all of them- none lasted past an hour. Do your dogs play with the Zogoflex? I do get him engaged by playing tug of war with it- but otherwise no interest.
I have the same problem with Molly. She destroys a toy in minutes but seems to have met her match with the West Paw Design toys.They are called Zogoflex and come in various shapes and sizes. They are ecofriendly, dishwasher safe and not harmful to pets. She has had them for weeks and weeks with not even a toothmark visible. There is a one time replacement if your dog manages to tear it apart. I am impressed with it so far. I buy them at a local family run pet store here in Canada, not sure where you can get them in the USA. Here is the website for anyone interested http://www.westpawdesign.com
Hi!!! Sonny chews Nylabones but I got him the Galileo one.It is both wide and thick. It's heavy but so far has not broken any piece off. I got him that toy that you put the water bottle in, he loved it but chewed apart the holder in less than an hour. Now it's just a flat chewed up piece of material. I like the sock idea with the bottle but I am sure the sock wouldn't last too long. Although you can buy a big bag and just keep switching them out as it rips. Am trying it! I also just bought him a Tuffy toy at Petco (they have them all over by us), the one with a rating of 9. It has lasted since yesterday, no holes but he is tearing up the edges. Those seem to hold up somewhat longer and we have talked and Sonny is a destroyer!
Zogoflex is awesome...lilke others say. We have the hurleys, the balls and the tug-0-war thingy - Taquito and Peri go nuts over it.
I'm looking in the toy basket now to see what has survived my two doodles with JAWS. The kongs, all the red and black,survive. The wubba's lasted a few hours and then were shredded. We have the nylabone rings that I watch carefully for any with large pieces taken out, but so far we've had them about a month and they are hanging in there. We like the Zogoflex toys by WestPaw. We have the hurley (a bone shape) the Tux (knobby round and stuffable), Huck (a ball with large grooves) and all have survived for months and months. We bought the Bumi which is a stretchie, tuggie type zogoflex and it only made it about 15 min before chomping through. We packed it up and sent it to Westpaw with a request for exchanging it for another Huck. We got our new toy at no charge in about 3 weeks. We have two of the Premier purple squirrels and they have also been favorites. They are much like the large kongs and are stuffable! We bought two of the deer antlers for Christmas and one has survived, the other began to chip off so I took it away. I believe the antlers would last if only I had purchased the largest size available. They are very expensive. Our doodles favorite toy? Large Red Kong Balls. They love them so much and carry them around and sleep with them and go nuts when I pick them up because they think they are going outside to PLAY BALL. We always keep 4-6 red kong balls.
The antlers do widdle down - I don't take Peri's away until it is small and she could choke on it (anything less than about 2"). From what I have heard, they are easily digestible and safe even if they chip off....I notice they break off in teeny pieces.
WOW Julia! You sold me... I'm going to order a few zogoflex toys today! Hope Tori is as excited as I am LOL
Thanks so much!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service