DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

How do you guys clean your doodles' plush toys (with and without squeakers)? Some of our toys are getting a little gross so I'm wondering what to do with them. Washing machine, hand wash? Or just leave them alone?

Thanks!

Views: 179

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We constantly rotate plush toys through the washing machine. My hope is that certain squeakers will die there someday. And let me tell you, Riley knows where her favorite toys are. I took one to the basement to be washed the other day and she is watching closely to see when it comes back up.

It is like kids with their "blankees".

Myla demolishes plush toys so unfortunately we can't have any but our last doodle always had a plush toy in her mouth.  I always threw them in the washing machine and if some had long arms or legs that I thought would be tangled I would put them in a pillow case and knot the top and then throw it in the machine.  I usually let them dry outside on the clothesline.

We don't have that many plush toys but the ones we have are washed in a pillow case or a net washing bag.  The come out fine. Even many with squeakers survive,  

They last Long enough to wash!? They don't in this house! I agree with wash with pillow case.

I just throw them in the washing machine/dryer on gentle cycle.  Works fine (for baby plush toys too!).  I have a mesh wash bag for any that I think might get damaged.

We wash our Doodles' plush toys in the machine on the gentle cycle and use baking soda.  We put them in the dryer on low heat then put them in the sun to get them totally dry.  The mesh bag is good for some of the toys that may not be as tough.

For the few special ones that last that long, I just toss in the washer & dryer.

Same here.  For the few that last, I just throw in the washer and then air dry them.  They usually don't see more than a couple washings before they, sadly, get demolished.  He loves them so much you'd think he'd figure it out:(  

Washing machine - whatever can't handle it gets trashed. Air dry.  Because my dogs rip their toys up, I often get "innerds" in the machine when I wash and I either stuff it back into the toys or toss it.  I used to sew up rips and then I got Clancy who guts and shreds toys so fast that it isn't worth it to mend.  Most of our toys look pretty disreputable.

I just throw them all in the washing machine with a load of dog towels (after their baths) and then lay them out in the sun to dry.  Squeekers or not, this works for us.

I throw them in the washer/dryer, sadly the squeakers all still work..lol

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service