DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

The winter weather has certainly arrived. I'm concerned that I won't be able to walk Bodi since the wind chill is so low here in Ohio. Today is -11 and tomorrow morning is going to be -25! Bodi will run out in the backyard to pee, but he likes to be walked to poop! I'm sure eventually he will run out there and do his thing, but I'm also concerned about the lack of exercise. We have a treadmill . . .does anyone have their doodle using a treadmill?

Views: 119

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was just wondering if you work at OSU hospital?? I moved from central Ohio to Minnesota about 2 years ago-we were trying to find a 'buckeye' name for our doodle but none seemed to fit. My Mom, in Ohio, sent me an email saying there was a nurse with a doodle named Tressel either on the news or somewhere and we just loved the name-would have loved to use it up here--our doodle is named Cody--he just didn't fit 'Beanie' or the other football names we were trying to come up with!
We do flash light chasing inside in the winter..............both dogs love it!! Our dog has adjusted to less walks well............way too cold for me to get out there!!
We are at -30 this morning in Minnesota and our Cody does not like being outside for very long-but he still keeps wanting to go out. We have a treadmill and we've put him on there but it takes some work---he just doesn't get it yet:) I try to take him in the car whenever I can and that seems to release some energy for him...
Keep away worked great today!! Unfortunately we don't have Petco or Petsmart here and I have never seen a dog in ANY store except the local pet store. I'm not sure how he would behave in there!!

Thanks for the advice!
I'm glad to hear it. It's a favorite game in our house :) We may be playing tonight...I braved the cold to walk them this morning, but I don't think it's happening tonight!!
STAIRS!....throw the ball up and down the stairs if you got em....works like a charm!...lol...(If you can take the noise...) It's either that or Blake makes me play "Chase Me!-Chase Me!" around the entire house for a good half an hour or so before he finally needs a rest.....
HI Very cold here in Green Bay WI we just got done running up and down the stairs going as fast as we can walking around the house Playing catch my of my it suppose to warm up to 4 this afternoon with a wind chill of -14 Maybe we can walk very fast around our block or see if some pups can play for 10 minutes
I hope Willy is very energetic this morning So glad they canceled school again !!!
Treadmills are great... make sure you look up a comforting way of doing it... you need to ease them into the new experience. You can't just throw them on and expect them to run! Nala's first time was a couple weeks ago at my moms house. She did great! It only took her about10 minutes to actually get the hang of it, but i never left her side... Sometimes she started slowing down and i had to coax her to speed up!
Also a great game I play with Nala in the house is fetch, but with a twist! I set up "barriers" or obstacles that she has to jump over to get to it. I usually put the TV tray down sideways in the kitchen doorway entrance and throw the toy in the kitchen... That little extra "jump" that she has to do going to get it and on the way back tires her out twice as fast. Sometimes I set two up around the living room and toss the toy in either direction..
You can use boxes or anything that is sturdy incase they step on it! Have fun, Good luck! Stay warm!!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service