DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

We are taking Holly on a 14 hour drive from Iowa to Colorado over Thanksgiving. We've found a pet friendly hotel to stay at so we'll only be driving 7 hours each day.The longest car ride she's been on is 1 1/2 hours, but she loves car rides, she usually sleeps or looks out the window the whole time. We are bringing a travel kennel but I think she'll probably just hang out in the back seat of our SUV. I was wondering if anyone has any good advice or products that would be helpful for the trip. Thanks everyone!

Views: 71

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like diaper wipes handy and grooming tools for our best look at all times :)
I second the motion about the seat belt harness! It's really SO important. I wouldn't get on a highway with Beau in the car without his on, securely tethered to the seatbelt. A dog can become a projectile in an accident, and they almost always perish in a serious one, unless they have one of these seatbelt harnesses on, or better yet, one of those carseat contraptions where they can see out the window, in case you have a shorty doodle! Also, Beau is not at all uncomfortable with it on, just cuddles up and goes to sleep, and I know he is safe. Sorry to be so graphic, but doodles are as close to angels as anything I've ever seen, and I prefer to keep them as angels on this earth as long as possible! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
We drove with Samantha from NJ to FL. She slept with whoever was sleeping in the back seat. She had no problems what so ever. She didn't play with a toy, mostly slept. You might want to bring a bone for her to chew on - a marrow bone that she chewed at home so there is no meat left, just to chew.

Have a great trip!
Your list looks good. Mine always sleep; almost forget that there are dogs in the car. In fact when I have taken someone with me to Bend that is the usual comment, that's how quiet they were. About three times a year I even have my son’s cat (in a crate) with us, so a car load of animals and they are all great travelers. Have a good trip.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service