DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Views: 744

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Very sad andscary. Of course more investigation is needed, but meanwhile my dogs won't get this Trifexis, which they have never had.

I agree, F.   I know nothing about Trifexis, but it was suggested to me last time I was at the vet's office.  I declined--why rock the boat when the flea & heart worm meds we're already using seem to be doing the job without problems?

I'm glad you posted this here, Pat. I too saw it on FB this a.m.

I agree that more investigation is needed, but I know we have had DK members who have posted about their doodles having bad reactions to Trifexis. The China connection is particularly troubling to me.

I noted that China connection too, Karen.   

My vet recommended Trifexis for Luna - she's been on it for 2 months.  This is really scary!

Enzo has been on Trifexis since May, with no side effects. She gets her monthly dose this Sunday, I will speak to the Vet about this. But so far, so good.

Are the safety criteria for approval the same for pet medicines as they are for human ones?

I saw that last night on Dogbook. I almost posted it on here, but first I contacted my sister, who had just mentioned that she was going to give Trifexis to her dog when it was time for his flea preventative again. Guess I was two days late for her dog. Now she waits and worries ! :(

There is an animal and vet section of the Food and Drug Administration, but I'm not sure how they regulate or monitor pet meds.  Obviously, many dogs are just fine with Trifexis.  

My labradoodle has been on Trifexis for the last 10 months (he's 10 months old) with no adverse affects.  Trifexis was recommended by my breeder as the most broad coverage in one dose (covers fleas, ticks, heartworm, hookworm, roundworm and whipworm), so that is why I chose it.  My dog has had no adverse side affects, but the news report has me thinking and I have a call in to my vet.  Once I talk to my vet, I will make my final decision.  I also do not like the China connection!

Oliver has been on it, for 2 yrs now, but I have to admit that he was due for it again 2 mos. ago and I forgot to give it to him..After reading this, I am glad I didn't and he isn't getting it ever again.  Anything for dogs or babies that has a China connection is out for us...

Thank you for posting this Pat.  It will be a NO if our vet should suggest using it!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service