DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Ugh.  After five days of sporting his cozy cone of shame, Truffle managed to lick open his incision last night.  He was somehow able to bend it enough to reach his privates. We knew something wasn't right when he wouldn't come out of his crate this morning.  Brought him back to the vet where they had to give him external stitches and now he's wearing a horrendous plastic cone of shame for 8 more days.  To add insult to injury, today's procedure cost almost as much as the neuter surgery itself and it isn't covered by insurance (we have Healthy Paws) because it's directly related to the neuter.

Looks like his blog from the other day will need an afterword.

I think once poor Truffle's all better, he's going to need to get himself a job to contribute to the costs of his care!  

Views: 374

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So sorry!!

Aww poor Truffle! Hopefully, he has learned his lesson ;) 

Poor Truffle! Feel better and leave those silly stitches alone!

Boris had a problem with his stiches when he had recent surgery  which had to be re stitched twice. The vets were more than helpful and never charged on either of these occasions.  I do not understand why the insurance would not cover this and I think this is worth fighting over.

Oh boy.  Good to know when we go through this soon.  Never assume they won't lick I guess...I hope he heals soon and for the last time!

It seems that they either totally do lick or totally don't lick. crazy, I know.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service