DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I wonder if you guys play tug of war with your doodles. I've seen it said it's not a good idea. We always did with our previous dogs, but not Yogi. I'm asking because it seems he really wants to.
Do you think it's a bad idea? Maybe makes them aggressive or something?

Views: 217

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Luca plays with me at times with some of his toys. No problem here aside from the fact that he is way too strong for my hands : )

Charlie has no interest in tug of war.  Beau on the other hand frequently brings a tug toy to me to play.  I do play with him and seldom let him win (even though I have never heard him growl).  He is not as coordinated as Charlie when it comes to retrieving and the tug of war is really something he likes to play.  Charlie will play tug with him sometimes, but only briefly.

JD has no interest either. He's a retriever. He can't fathom not giving up the object immediately so the person can throw it again. LOL

Well, you can't let a puppy win!  I've heard that is big no-no.

I've seen tug games used as a way to teach impulse control.  This would be for a dog who already knows the leave it command.  I'm big on impulse control these days so I do this with my dogs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8cQnM...

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service