DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

We have two 7-8 month old male Goldendoodle pups ready for their forever home. When we were looking for our sweet Zoey, we found out about two goldendoodles pups that needed a home. They had been outside in a pen together and had been fed every day but that was about it. They had not had their vaccinations and had not been played with or loved. They were filthy, matted and very afraid of people and were not exactly what we were looking for as a family pet for our children. But we could not just let them stay in their current situation either so we took them in, my mother-in-law has spent weeks working with them, getting them socialized and ready for a forever home. They are now socialized and good with people AND other dogs. They are now current on all vaccinations and have had baths in my mother-in-law's jacuzzi tub :) They have not been groomed yet as we took it very slowly getting them used to being around people and trusting. We did not want to traumatize them. We can have them groomed if desired. We would love for them to stay together as they are VERY VERY attached to each other. They have lots and lots of energy and need a home where they can run and play. They will need to be worked with on basic obedience and house training but will make very good family pets. They are beautiful and do not shed at all. The golden one currently weighs in at 39 pounds and the black one weighs in at 35 pounds. You can email me if you have a home for them or if you know someone that does or email with any questions. Thank you!

Views: 1007

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here is a photo of them with my boys.

Attachments:

Oh they are so precious! And how great that they now have a new lease on life, and will find good owners that will incorporate them into their family. I'm sure you will find a home for them, they are very cute!!

Attachments:

It's too bad you didn't know about IDOG and Doodle Rescue Inc early on...you could have been an official foster for them as they have a loooong list of people preapproved to adopt doodles.  You might still be able to work with them.

I would strongly suggest that you have these dogs neutered prior to placing them. Otherwise, they may end up being used as breeding dogs.

Adina is correct, The best way to find homes for these dogs would have been to go through an established legitimate rescue group. For help in placing these dogs, your best bet would be to contact the DRC or IDOG, two nationwide doodle rescue groups with years of experience in screening adoptive homes and placing hundreds of doodles.

If you do decide to place them yourself, please be sure to check vet references on anyone who applies for them, and do a home visit. They need dog-savvy homes, so be sure that the new owner is experienced with dogs and understands the grooming, exercise and training requirements for these two, as well as the fact that it takes time for a dog to adjust after being rehomed.

awww....so nice of you to take them in. I don't think it will take too long to find them a forever home.

Very sweet of you guys to take them in and help them. Maybe if Idog or DRC can't help you can contact a local rescue. That way they can go through a thorough application process and you know they won't go to someone not suitable.
How long has you mom in law had them?

I can't speak for IDOG, but since they already have a foster home, I am fairly sure the DRC would list them. They would have to be neutered before they could go home, but the rescue pays for that if they are in the program.

She has had them for one month now.

Thanks to your mother-in-law and you for finding these pups a home.

Wonderful story and I am SURE that Doodle rescue collective would help you out with a list of potential new homes for the two pups--great work!

I don't see the addresses posted here:

DOODLE RESCUE COLLECTIVE

IDOG

You have done a wonderful thing and a wonderful job! 

I think we all strongly urge you to contact a Reputable Doodle Rescue Group!  Please. 

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service