DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I didn't really know how to title this thread. I haven't been on much lately. Big Mac and PB&J are doing well. I've been out of pocket due to medical issues with my youngest 2 legged kiddo. He has a lot of issues stemming from strokes before birth. Because we aren't getting the medical and educational support we need in New Mexico we are moving to Colorado in a year or two.
So, big adventure for us.
We get to find a brand new house and I'd love to hear things you love about your home that you have or modified for your doodles. I know I'm going to want a large Laundry room or something similar where I can groom the dogs since I do that myself. I'd love my own little "dog washing and grooming area" that I've seen some people do in their homes.
Do you have any cool dog things/amenities in your home or yard? I'm dreaming at this point so have at it.
Also what are your thoughts on doggie doors? We don't have them here and the doodles are fine with it.
Thanks for any help. :)

Views: 374

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am in Southern California in a suburban area and a dog door to a securely fenced yard is the greatest thing since sliced bread out here.  We have mostly tiled floors (with rugs) - yes they are colder in winter, but way easier to keep clean. I think you might enjoy a covered patio area  (makes it easier to clean dogs or kids off when there is inclement weather).  I don't groom my dogs myself, but when we used to bathe our dogs (eons ago) I only did it in good weather and used the patio and a hose, hooking the leash to a pole so I was hands-free.

We have a very large master bath with a huge walk in shower that has two shower heads, one of which can also be hand held so easier to rinse off the shampoo.  I get in with my shorts on and can completely walk around them as I bath them and I do not get all wet. I love the shower and all the tile - very easy clean up!  Then they can shake off most of the water and I can towel dry in there too before opening doors to the main bathroom area.  That way they do not take off running throughout the house with the zoomies.  If nice out I then take them outside to side lawn area where they can run around  til nearly dry.  We then come back in and groom. Just a personal preference, but I have never like doggy doors.  They make me uncomfortable because if a dog can come through - what else can.  From insects to you name it! Yikes. But truth be known, our doods are so spoiled, they expect me or DH to go out with them.  We do leave the sliding doors to the patio open (weather conducive when we are home), but they will till hang inside with us rather than be out there by themselves.

Wish you the best Jenn with this move.  I just returned from a week in the Golden area outside Denver and it was so beautiful there.  Lots of trails and things to do.  I think you will love Colorado - we have lots of friends there.

Thank you everyone. If anyone has experience moving with multiple dogs can you give me some pointers?

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service