DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

BASIC INFO
As of today, September 3rd, Doodle Kisses will be accepting photo submissions for our 2012 Doodle Kisses Labradoodle & Goldendoodle* Calendars.  A lot of people get confused about where to send photos, etc.  So as boring as it is, PLEASE READ EVERY WORD of these instructions.  I won't track down everyone who does it wrong to correct things like I usually do. 

We have created a list of photo requirements to help guide you in choosing an appropriate photo(s) of your doodle(s). Please be sure to read these requirements carefully so you choose high quality photos: http://www.doodlekisses.com/page/calendar-photo-requirements -- this will help you avoid wasting time sending photos that will immediately be disqualified.

HOW TO SUBMIT PHOTOS
1) Read the guidelines for photos: http://www.doodlekisses.com/page/calendar-photo-requirements

2) Send ONLY ONE photo PER EMAIL--I know this is tedious, but if you do it wrong I'll make you do it over :-/ It helps tremendously in sorting photos if you only send ONE photo per email. So if you have 1 photo you send one email. If you have 5 photos, you send 5 separate emails.

3) You may submit up to 5 photos PER doodle you own. 

4) In your email include the following info:

• TYPE of doodle you have that is in the photo (labradoodle or goldendoodle or whatadoodle*)
  • What your DK Profile name is--so I can tell who you are on DK since most people don't use their full names on DK
  • IF ANY of your photos are professionally taken you must confirm that you have rights to use said photo(s) in a calendar that will be sold. Also if the photographer wants a copyright notice with the photo then please let me know that information.

5) Send to: DKCalendars@gmail.com

Deadline for Submissions: September 23rd, 2012---please bookmark this discussion or click "Follow" at the bottom of the thread to say up-to-date on any changes which DK Admin reserve the right to make at any time. It will be your responsibility to keep informed on this by reading through the responses to this discussion because these may contain clarification and additional tips. Selection of final calendar photos will be done by DK Admin and is subject to their best judgment

* Because Doodle Kisses was created for labradoodle and goldendoodle owners, our two main calendars will only feature labradoodles and goldendoodles (and double doodles/NAR's). However, our multi-doodle calendar will accept photos of other commonly accepted doodles like aussiedoodles. While we love all dogs, we have to stay true to our site's focus and will not include any dog that may have poodle in its mix.  If you have a rescue doodle and are not sure what precise type it is...just take your best guess when listing the type of doodle your dog is.

**As always 25% of all Doodle Kisses profits will go to doodle and dog rescue organizations -- this includes profits from calendar sales.

Views: 3219

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I checked the photo requirements, and it doesn't mention sending it as a jpeg.  So, I hope the picture will be ok as it is.  I tried to send the file via Hotmails Skydrive but that didn't work, so I am off to open up a gmail account right now so that I can send it!! 

I would prefer JPEG if you have a moment to change it over.

Ok, I'll try!!  Still not sure if I can even get it to you.  Opened a gmail account and they have the same file size restriction as hotmail - 25MB.  Does it work if I zip it and then send it to you, or does that permanently shrink the file??  Is there any other way I can skrink the file to send it, but still keep it above the pixel etc, requirements? 

I think going to JPEG makes it smaller on its own without losing much quality.  But you'd have to check with the photography pros here =)  What goes into the calendar will be JPEG anyway.  I know that when we unwisely tried to upload non-JPEG files to MAKE the calendar it took eons longer than when we got smart and changed to JPEG.  So I bet that simply changing over will work.  I've never NOT been able to transmit a JPEG.

Ok, I think I've got it!!  Changed it to jpeg with help from FJ Parker, and you are right, the file is now much smaller!  Off to my new gmail account to try again!!

Hi Stella,

You may want to create a gmail account just for this occasion.  It is no cost and I have not had any trouble mailing all kinds of files the past few years.

It is an idea.  Good Luck

My name: Merrialice Dogs name: Shaggy Maggie.  Golden Doodle at 2 1/2 years old.  

This info is supposed to be in the email with the photo.

Adina, is there anyway the photographers could get credit this year? They work so very hard to take these pictures. Even if it were a little blurb in the back of the calendar.I think I will be submitting a couple not taken by me. Sarah has taken a calendar winning photo before for me, July 2010, and although, of course, I noted it in the Photography Group. But I think all photographers, the DK members and their sons, daughters, friends etc. should get credit. I would be happy to collate the info for you if need be. Thanks for considering it.

You're just trying to save Laurie and her daughters relationship

: ) not really. I felt bad that Sarah didn't get credit the first year I submitted. And all the people, including DK members , who work hard to make this calendar a success should be acknowledged IMHO. If it takes any extra work I'm willing to do as much as I can.

There's no 'back of the calendar' we can do anything to, unfortunately, when we use print-on-demand services like CafePress.  But we can consider credit on the photos.  Not sure everyone wants their full name listed, but who knows.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service